Katherine Dorothea Duncan-Jones, FRSL (born 13 May 1941) is an English literature and Shakespeare scholar. She was a Fellow of New Hall, Cambridge (1965–1966) and then Somerville College, Oxford (1966–2001). She was also Professor of English Literature at the University of Oxford from 1998 to 2001.
Duncan-Jones was born on 13 May 1941 to the philosopher Austin Duncan-Jones and the literary scholar Elsie Duncan-Jones (née Phare). Her brother is the historian Richard Duncan-Jones. She was educated at King Edward VI High School for Girls, Birmingham, an all-girls independent school. She studied at St Hilda's College, Oxford, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree and a Bachelor of Letters (BLitt) degree: as per tradition, her BA was later promoted to a Master of Arts (MA Oxon) degree.
Duncan-Jones was Mary Ewart Residential Fellow at Somerville College, Oxford from 1963 to 1965. She was then a Fellow of New Hall, Cambridge from 1965 to 1966. She then returned to Somerville College and was Fellow and Tutor in English Literature between 1966 and her retirement in 2001. She was also Professor of English Literature at the University of Oxford from 1998 to 2001. She has been a senior research fellow of Somerville College since 2001.
- Sir Philip Sidney: Courtier Poet. Yale University Press 1991 ISBN 9780300050998
- Sir Philip Sidney: The Major Works, editor. Oxford University Press 2009 ISBN 9780199538416
- Shakespeare's Poems, ed. Katherine Duncan-Jones and H.R. Woudhuysen, London 2007. ISBN 978-1-9034-3686-8
- Shakespeare. An ungentle Life. London 2010. ISBN 978-1-408-12508-3
- Shakespeare. Upstart Crow to Sweet Swan 1592-1623. London 2011. ISBN 978-1-408-13014-8
- Shakespeare's Sonnets, editor. Arden 2010. ISBN 9781408017975
- "Duncan-Jones, Prof. Katherine Dorothea". Who's Who 2018. Oxford University Press. 1 December 2017. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.14304.
- Who's Who 2012, London : A. & C. Black, 2012, p.663.
- "Professor Katherine Duncan-Jones". Somerville College. University of Oxford. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "Current RSL Fellows". The Royal Society of Literature. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- Katherine Duncan-Jones Oxford University