Katherine Neville (author)
April 4, 1945 |
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Katherine Neville (born April 4, 1945) is an American author who writes adventure novels. Her novels include The Eight (1988), A Calculated Risk (1992), The Magic Circle (1998) and The Fire (2008), which is a sequel to The Eight.
In the 1970s, Neville was an international consultant to the Algerian government, and in the late 1970s, she went to work at the Department of Energy's nuclear research site in Idaho. In between jobs and during school, she supported herself as a portrait painter and a model. These side jobs led to her developing her own photography skills and eventually starting a photography business, which she ran for several years. She was featured in the Washington Post for reviving Teruo Hara's storied house.
In 1980, she moved to San Francisco and eventually became a vice president at Bank of America. After living in Europe for some time, Neville moved to Washington, D.C. She was married to the neuroscientist Karl H. Pribram.
Neville's novels have been translated in more than forty languages, and have been on bestseller lists across the globe. Her novel The Eight was voted by the Spanish journal El País as one of the top ten books of all time. Beth Dora Reisberg in January Magazine termed The Magic Circle a tour de force. In a review in The Independent of London, Barry Forshaw declared that The Fire was much better than The Da Vinci Code.
|1992||A Calculated Risk|
|1998||The Magic Circle|
|2008||The Fire||Sequel to The Eight|
- A conversation with Katherine Neville http://www.randomhouse.com/features/magiccircle/conversation.html
- Katherine Neville Official Site - Biography, Accessed August 31, 2010.
- Macdonald, Christine, Novelist Katherine Neville revives Teruo Hara’s storied Japanese-style house: http://www.washingtonpost.com/realestate/novelist-katherine-neville-revives-teruo-haras-storied-japanese-style-house/2014/01/02/91309fde-458b-11e3-a196-3544a03c2351_story.html
- Katherine Neville Official Site-The Books. Archived from the original on December 26, 2013. Accessed November 24, 2014
- Beth Dora Reisberg http://www.januarymagazine.com/fiction/mcircle.html
- Forshaw, B. The Fire http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/the-fire-by-katherine-neville-1026131.html
|This article about a novelist of the United States born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|