Katherine Salosny in 2013
Katherine Estrella Salosny Reyes
8 April 1964
|Occupation||Actress, TV presenter|
|Awards||Copihue de Oro (2010, 2014, 2015)|
Katherine Estrella Salosny Reyes (born 8 April 1964) is a Chilean actress and television presenter.
1980s and 1990s
In 1984 Salosny was working as a supermarket promoter, when in September she was cast as the face of the "Pepsi Challenge" campaign. After her advertising debut, in March 1985 she was hired by Universidad de Chile Televisión (Channel 11, now Chilevisión), where she had her television premiere on the program Extra-mujeres, on which she had a youth segment.
Salosny's segment was so successful that it was spun off into a new program, Extra jóvenes, of which she was the sole presenter until 1990, when Felipe Camiroaga joined as co-host. During those years, she was a participant in the campaign for the 1988 plebiscite, supporting the "Yes" option that proposed to keep General Augusto Pinochet in power until 1997, appearing in the electoral slot chapter corresponding to 26 September. After leaving Extra jóvenes in 1991, she moved to Televisión Nacional de Chile (TVN), appearing mainly on Ene TV and participating in some of the station's other programs.
Due to a lack of projects for her in 1993, she decided to return to Chilevisión for a morning show with Juan Guillermo Vivado and actor Felipe Izquierdo. In turn, she took charge of the show El baile. These two programs did not achieve high ratings, and Katherine Salosny disappeared from television until 1998, when she returned on Canal 2 Rock & Pop to make one of the first Chilean docu-reality shows, Taxi.
Return to TVN
In 2007, she returned to the media as a panelist on TVN's Buenos Días a Todos and, due to her favorable reception, she was hired to present the program Pasiones in February 2008, during Bárbara Rebolledo's vacation.
In 2009, she debuted an evening program called Digan lo que digan together with the renowned psychologist Pilar Sordo, but it did not receive high ratings and was quickly canceled. Later that year, she hosted the reality show Pelotón before the departure of Karen Doggenweiler, but this lasted only a few days since Tonka Tomicic left Buenos Días a Todo to go to Canal 13.
In late 2010, Salosny had a controversial exit from the morning show, as the channel's executives decided to replace her with the model Carolina de Moras. This generated displeasure from the public, culminating in co-host Felipe Camiroaga being loudly booed at that year's Copihue de Oro awards.
One of Salosny's best-known productions is the docu-reality show Esta es mi familia. In addition, she led the talk show Fruto prohibido together with journalist Ignacio Franzani. During the first quarter of 2013, she hosted Perdidos en la tribu and, once the broadcast was over, she decided to terminate her contract with TVN in order to sign a three-year contract with Mega to be the new host of that station's morning show.
Mucho gusto and Queen of Viña del Mar
On 2 May 2013, Salosny became the new host of Mega's morning show Mucho gusto, alongside Luis Jara. In 2015 she was a candidate for Queen of the Viña del Mar Festival, presenting herself as the first candidate in the history of the festival to reign with her own song, called "Mi Reina", a cumbia from the Chilean group La Mecha. The same year she won an Enersis Women's Energy Award in the Best Television Host category.
In February 2018 it was announced that her contract with Mega would not be renewed, and that month she left Mucho gusto.
Venture into late show format
In mid-April 2018, Salosny returned to TVN for the fourth time in her television career. On this occasion, she became the host of No culpes a la noche, a nightly late show which premiered on 14 May.
In the theatrical world, Salosny entered the academy of Fernando González to study and begin her career as an actress. She has appeared on TVN telenovelas such as Borrón y cuenta nueva, Santo ladrón, and Aquelarre, as well as some national series such as La vida es una lotería and Cuentos de mujeres.
In 2011, she appeared in the play Contracciones.
|1993||Aquí Hotel O'Higgins||Host||TVN|
|34th Viña del Mar International Song Festival||Judge||TVN|
|Siempre lunes||Special guest||TVN|
|1994||La mañana diferente||Host||Chilevisión|
|1998||Taxi||Host||Canal 2 Rock & Pop|
|2002||El arca de Noé||Host||Canal 13|
|2007||Buenos Días a Todos||Panelist||TVN|
|2009–2010||Buenos Días a Todos||Host||TVN|
|2009||Digan lo que digan||Host||TVN|
|Chile ayuda a Chile||Telephone operator||Anatel|
|2010–2011||Esta es mi familia||Host||TVN|
|2013||Perdidos en la tribu||Host||TVN|
|2018–present||No culpes a la noche||Host||TVN|
|1998||Borrón y cuenta nueva||Valentina Costa||TVN|
|2000||Santo ladrón||Marlene Mardónez||TVN|
|2002||Buen partido||Silvia Salas||Canal 13|
|2009||Los Ángeles de Estela||Herself||TVN|
TV series and movies
|1998||Mi abuelo, mi nana y yo||Sussy||TVN|
|2003||Cuentos de mujeres||Beatriz||TVN|
|2003–2004||La vida es una lotería||Sister of Marina/Gloria||TVN|
- 2010 Copihue de Oro for Best Woman Television Host
- 2014 Copihue de Oro for Best Woman Television Host
- 2015 Copihue de Oro for Best Woman Television Host
- 2015 Enersis Women's Energy Award in the Best Television Host category
- Sanhueza, Ana María (8 July 2016). "Kathy, la activista" [Kathy, the Activist]. La Segunda (in Spanish). Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- Fuentes, Jorge (8 March 2013). "Extra Jóvenes, el programa juvenil de culto de la televisión chilena" [Extra Jóvenes, Chilean Television's Youth Program]. El Mercurio Guioteca (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- "¿Qué opción apoyaron los famosos en el plebiscito de 1988?" [What Option Did Celebrities Support in the 1988 Plebiscite?]. 24 Horas (in Spanish). 5 October 2013. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- Arbulú, Flor (26 November 2010). "Entre lágrimas Salosny deja el matinal de TVN" [Amid Tears Salosny Leaves TVN's Morning Show]. El Mercurio de Valparaíso (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- "Pifias a Felipe Camiroaga marcaron la premiación del Copihue de Oro" [Booing of Felipe Camiroaga Marks the Awarding of the Copihue de Oro]. Radio Cooperativa (in Spanish). 7 December 2010. Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- "'Mucho Gusto' lidera la sintonía matinal en el debut de Katherine Salosny" ['Mucho Gusto' Morning Viewership Leader in Katherine Salosny's Debut]. El Mercurio (in Spanish). Santiago. 2 May 2013. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "Grupo Enersis destaca a Paula Escobar con premio Energía de Mujer 2015" [Enersis Group Recognized Paula Escobar with 2015 Women's Energy Award] (in Spanish). Asociación Nacional de la Prensa. 10 March 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "Mega saca a Katherine Salosny de la conducción del Mucho Gusto" [Mega Removes Katherine Salosny from Hosting Mucho Gusto]. La Tercera (in Spanish). 22 February 2018.
- Noriega, María Eugenia (18 April 2018). "¡A la competencia! Kathy Salosny tiene nueva casa televisiva y deja atrás los matinales" [To the Competition! Kathy Salosny Has a New TV Home and Leaves Behind the Morning Show] (in Spanish). Radio Agricultura. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- Pérez, Francisca (3 May 2018). "Katherine Salosny y su vuelta a TVN: 'Aquí me siento en casa'" [Katherine Salosny and Her Return to TVN: 'Here I Feel at Home']. La Tercera (in Spanish). Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "Katherine Salosny vuelve al teatro tras dos años en 'Contracciones'" [Katherine Salosny Returns to the Theater After Two Years in 'Contracciones']. La Segunda (in Spanish). 6 May 2011. Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- "Estos son todos los ganadores del galardón pop" [These are All the Winners of the Pop Award]. La Cuarta (in Spanish). 10 December 2014. Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- Figueroa, Nicolás (11 December 2015). "Canal 13 gana en importantes categorías de los Premios Copihue de Oro 2015" [Canal 13 Wins in Important Categories of the 2015 Copihue de Oro Awards] (in Spanish). Teletrece. Retrieved 3 May 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Katherine Salosny.|