Schwarzenegger at the World Dog Awards in January 2015
December 13, 1989 |
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Relatives||Patrick Schwarzenegger (brother)
Bobby Shriver (maternal uncle)
Timothy Shriver (maternal uncle)
Mark Shriver (maternal uncle)
Anthony Shriver (maternal uncle)
see Kennedy family
Katherine was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She is the oldest child of actor and politician Arnold Schwarzenegger (Austrian-born), and journalist and author Maria Shriver (of Irish and German descent), whose mother Eunice is from the Kennedy family. She has a younger sister, Christina Schwarzenegger, and two younger brothers, Patrick and Christopher Schwarzenegger. Through her father, she also has a half-brother, Joseph Baena.
In May 2012, Schwarzenegger graduated with a degree in Communications from the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism at the University of Southern California. Her mother delivered the commencement address for the satellite ceremony for the school.
In 2010, Schwarzenegger wrote a book entitled Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who's Been There and Back. Schwarzenegger uses the book to describe her personal journey and encourage other young women to achieve confidence and a positive self-image. She had body-image issues between fourth and seventh grade, but now controls her physical and mental health with walking exercises and yoga.
- Schwarzenegger, Katherine (2010). Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who's Been There and Back. Voice Publishing. ISBN 1-4013-4143-8.
- Schwarzenegger, Katherine (2014). I Just Graduated ... Now What?: Honest Answers from Those Who Have Been There. Crown Archetype. ISBN 978-0385347204.
- "California Births, 1905 - 1995". Familytreelegends.com. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's Brentwood High School Commencement Speech". gov.ca.gov. June 7, 2008. Retrieved June 22, 2008.
- Pace, Eric (July 24, 1991). "Chronicle". New York Times. Retrieved April 18, 2008.
- Brozan, Nadine (September 21, 1993). "Chronicle". New York Times. Retrieved April 18, 2008.
- Brozan, Nadine (September 30, 1997). "Chronicle". New York Times. Retrieved April 18, 2008.
- "Arnie 'Bought Home For Love Child And Mum'". Sky News. May 20, 2011. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- "Schwarzenegger's son with housekeeper born days after Shriver gave birth". Chicago Tribune.
- Katherine Schwarzenegger, Californiality, November 1, 2010
- Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who's Been There and Back at Amazon.com, accessed January 4, 2011.
- "Read Katherine Schwarzenegger's 'Rock What You've Got'", Good Morning America, September 16, 2010
- "Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who's Been There and Back", Publishers Weekly, December 20, 2010. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- "Katherine Schwarzenegger shares advice on body image", USA Today, September 13, 2010. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- Katherine Schwarzenegger on Twitter
- Katherine Schwarzenegger at the Internet Movie Database