Katheryn Russell-Brown (born Katheryn K. Russell, September 17, 1961) is a professor of law and director of the Center for the Study of Race and Race Relations at University of Florida's Fredric G. Levin College of Law. Her main areas of expertise are race and crime, sociology of law and criminal law.
Russell-Brown received her B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley, her J.D. from the Hastings College of Law and her Ph.D. from the criminology department of the University of Maryland, College Park.
Russell-Brown is a member of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences and the American Bar Association, and is currently executive counselor to the American Society of Criminology. She is also on the editorial board of the Carolina Academic Press, as well as that of Critical Criminology and Justice Quarterly.
Russell-Brown previously taught at Alabama State University (1987-1989), Howard University (1991), City University of New York School of Law (1994), Washington College of Law (1997), and the University of Maryland (1992-2003).
Russell-Brown was cited by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case Harris v. Alabama (1995) in regard to her article The Constitutionality of Jury Override in Alabama Death Penalty Cases (1994).
As Katheryn K. Russell
- The Constitutionality of Jury Override in Alabama Death Penalty Cases (Alabama Law Review: 1994)
- The Color of Crime: Racial Hoaxes, White Fear, Black Protectionism, Police Harassment and Other Macroaggressions (New York University Press: 1998)
- Race and Crime: An Annotated Bibliography (Greenwood Press: 2000)
- Petit Apartheid in the U.S. Criminal Justice System: The Dark Figure of Racism with Dragan Milovanovic (Carolina Academic Press: 2001)
As Katheryn Russell-Brown
- Underground Codes: Race, Crime and Related Fires (New York University Press: 2004)
- Protecting Our Own: Race, Crime, and African Americans (Perspectives on Multiracial America) (Rowman & Littlefield: 2006)
- The Color of Crime (New York University Press: 2008)
- Katheryn Russell-Brown at "Faculty and Staff", University of Florida Levin College of Law (Retrieved 4 October 2009) 
- Spotlight: Katheryn Russell-Brown, University of Florida (Retrieved 4 October 2009) 
- Petit Apartheid in the U.S. Criminal Justice System: The Dark Figure of Racism with Dragan Milovanovic (2001)
- Katheryn Russell-Brown at the University of Florida Levin College of Law Website.
- Spotlight: Katheryn Russell-Brown at the University of Florida Website.
- Katheryn Russell-Brown at the Open Society Institute Website.