Seifert completed her bachelor's degree in marketing and management at Valparaiso University in Indiana in 1971. Following her graduation, she worked for Procter & Gamble doing marketing research. She took on a marketing job with Fort Howard Paper. On March 27, 1978, she was approached by Kimberly Clark and she began her career with company by selling paper goods to motels and other businesses. Two years later, she began marketing consumer products for the company. In 1991, she became the executive vice president for Kimberly Clark, and was one of the highest paid officers in the company. She managed the Kimberly Clark's global personal care business. Seifert retired from Kimberly Clark in 2004.
Since 2004, Seifert has been the chairman of the consulting firm Pinnacle Perspectives, LLC. She has been a Director of Revlon Inc. since 2006. Seifert serves on the Board of Directors for SuperValu, as a member of the Executive Personnel and Compensation Committee and the Audit Committee. She also serves on the Board of Directors for Eli Lilly and Company, on the Audit and Public Policy and Compliance committees.
- "Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-12-26.
- "Kathi P. Seifert | Brock Capital". Retrieved 2018-12-26.
- "Revlon, Inc". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved January 21, 2010.
- "SuperValu Board of Directors". SuperValu. Retrieved January 21, 2010.
- 2008 Annual Report, Eli Lilly and Company
- CNBC (2015-11-19). "Investors Community Bank Names Seifert to Board of Directors". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2018-12-26.