The paper's 10 August 2005 front page
|Owner(s)||Kathimerini S.A. (90%)|
|Managing editors||Alexis Papahelas
|Headquarters||Falireos kai Makariou 2, 185-47, Neo Faliro,
I Kathimerini (Greek: Η Καθημερινή, meaning "The Daily") is a daily morning newspaper published in Athens. Its first edition was printed on September 15, 1919. It is published in the Greek language, as well as in an abridged English-language edition. The English edition is sold separately in the United States and as a supplement to the International Herald Tribune in Greece and Cyprus. On November 2008 a Kathimerini's Cypriot weekend edition began to circulate. Kathimerini is also affiliated with the weekly newspaper Athens Plus published by "I Kathimerini" S.A. and the International Herald Tribune.
Kathimerini was founded by Georgios Vlachos in 1919 and was later inherited by his daughter Helen Vlachos (Eléni Vláchou) and her husband, retired submarine commander Constantine Loundras. Considered a high-quality broadsheet, Kathimerini is traditionally perceived as one of the main conservative voices of Greek media. The newspaper was highly critical of Eleftherios Venizelos in the early 20th century, and also opposed the Papandreou family in the postwar years. It maintains a traditional layout, with its original griffin logo, and incorporates illustrated glossy inserts in its Sunday edition. Ms. Vlachos sold the company shortly before her death in October 1995. Kathimerini has been owned by Aristidis Alafouzos since then.
There is no data on Kathimerini's daily edition circulation, since the newspaper has prohibited press agencies to release such data. Its Sunday edition had a circulation of 95,007 in January 2014.
According to third-party web analytics providers Alexa and SimilarWeb, Kathimerini's website is the 24th and 95th most visited in Greece respectively, as of August 2015. SimilarWeb rates the site as the 23th most visited news website in Greece, attracting over 3 million visitors per month.
- Κυκλοφορεί από σήμερα "Η ΚΑΘΗΜΕΡΙΝΗ" της Κύπρου (in Greek). kathimerini.gr. 2008-11-02. Archived from the original on January 16, 2014. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Athens Plus wins award". ekathimerini.com. 2008-11-17. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- World Press Review. "Reconstructing Iraq". June 2003 (vol. 50, No. 6).
- "Πτώση στις κυκλοφορίες των εφημερίδων για το 2013". Newsbomb.gr. 28 January 2014. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "kathimerini.gr Site Overview". Alexa. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Kathimerini.gr Analytics". SimilarWeb. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Top 50 sites in Greece for News And Media". SimilarWeb. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Investigative Journalism Session: Call to Journalists". 2011-11-02. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Alexis Papahelas profile". London: The Guardian. 2010-05-06. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Official website (Mobile) (Greek)
- Kathimerini English Edition Website
- Kathimerini Cypriot Edition Website (Greek)
|This Greek newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|