Kathleen Mildred Burk (born March 1946) is Professor Emerita of Modern and Contemporary History at University College London. Her field of research is international history, especially politics, diplomacy and finance.
Burk founded the journal Contemporary European History in 1992, taking the role of Editor for the first 13 years. In the 1980s with two colleagues she founded The Historians' Press which ran for 25 years.
In October 2017, Burk was a member of the expert panel discussing the Congress of Vienna on BBC Radio 4's In Our Time and has previously been invited to discuss Thomas Paine's Common Sense pamphlet (2016), the California Gold Rush (2015), the War of 1812 (2013), Custer's last stand (2011), Thomas Edison (2010), Thoreau and the American Idyll (2009), the Statue of Liberty (2008) and the Pilgrim Fathers (2007).
- Burk, Kathleen (2014), War and the State (RLE The First World War) : The Transformation of British Government, 1914-1919, Routledge Library Editions: The First World War., Taylor and Francis, ISBN 1317700333
- Burk, Kathleen (2014), Britain, Routledge, ISBN 9781306708364
- Burk, Kathleen (2009), Old World, New World : Great Britain and America from the Beginning, Grove Press, ISBN 0802144292
- Burk, Kathleen; Bywater, Michael (2008), Is this Bottle Corked? : The Secret Life of Wine, Harmony Books, ISBN 0307462919
- Burk, Kathleen (2002), Troublemaker : The Life and History of A. J. P. Taylor, New Haven, ISBN 9780300094534
- Burk, Kathleen; Stokes, Melvyn (1999), The United States and the European alliance since 1945, Oxford, OCLC 606324961
- Burk, Kathleen (1997), We Are Down on our Knees to the Americans : Anglo-American relations in the Twentieth Century, Printed by Central Services, University College London, OCLC 941053033
- Burk, Kathleen (1988), The First Privatisation : The Politicians, the City and the Denationalisation of Steel, Historians', ISBN 9780950890074
- Burk, Kathleen (1982), War and the State. The Transformation of British Government, 1914–1919. Edited by Kathleen Burk, Allen & Unwin, OCLC 848258495
- "Emeritus Staff". www.ucl.ac.uk.
- "Dr Kathleen Mildred Burk, director at Wine Guild Of The United Kingdom, Henley-On-Thames". www.directorstats.co.uk.
- "Kathleen Burk Profile". The Rhodes Project.
- "On Publishing Diaries - History Today". www.historytoday.com.
- "Kathleen Burk - Wine behind the label".
- "Award shortlist: Kathleen Burk's wine book". www.ucl.ac.uk.
- "The Congress of Vienna, In Our Time - BBC Radio 4". BBC.
- "The California Gold Rush, In Our Time - BBC Radio 4". BBC.
- "The War of 1812, In Our Time - BBC Radio 4". BBC.
- "Custer's Last Stand, In Our Time - BBC Radio 4". BBC.
- "Thomas Edison, In Our Time - BBC Radio 4". BBC.
- "Thoreau and the American Idyll, In Our Time - BBC Radio 4". BBC.
- "The Statue of Liberty, In Our Time - BBC Radio 4". BBC.
- "The Pilgrim Fathers, In Our Time - BBC Radio 4". BBC.
- "Abingdon Additional Information". The Abingdon School.
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|