This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bing and Kathryn on his 1976 Christmas special.
|Born||Olive Kathryn Grandstaff
November 25, 1933
Houston, Texas, U.S.
|Other names||Kathryn Grandstaff
Kathryn Crosby (born November 25, 1933) is a retired American actress and singer who performed in films under the stage-names Kathryn Grant and Kathryn Grandstaff.
Life and career
Born Olive Kathryn Grandstaff in Houston, Texas, she graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1955. Two years later she became Bing Crosby's second wife, being more than thirty years his junior. The couple had three children, Harry, Mary Frances, and Nathaniel. She appeared as a guest star on her husband's 1964–1965 ABC sitcom The Bing Crosby Show.
She largely retired after their marriage, but did have a featured role in the courtroom drama Anatomy of a Murder (1959). She also played the part of "Mama Bear" alongside her husband and children in Goldilocks and co-starred with Jack Lemmon in the comedy Operation Mad Ball (1957), with Tony Curtis in the drama Mister Cory (1957) and as a trapeze artist in The Big Circus (1959).
Since Bing Crosby's death in 1977, she has taken on a few smaller roles and the lead in the short-lived 1996 Broadway musical State Fair.
For 16 years ending in 2001, Crosby hosted the Crosby National Golf Tournament at Bermuda Run Country Club in Bermuda Run, North Carolina. A nearby bridge carrying U.S. Route 158 over the Yadkin River is named for Kathryn Crosby.
On November 4, 2010, Crosby was seriously injured in an automobile accident in the Sierra Nevada that killed her 85-year-old second husband, Maurice William Sullivan, whom she had married in 2000.
- So This Is Love (1953)
- Arrowhead (1953)
- Forever Female (1953)
- Casanova's Big Night (1954)
- Living It Up (1954)
- Rear Window (1954)
- Unchained (1955)
- Tight Spot (1955)
- Cell 2455 Death Row (1955)
- 5 Against the House (1955)
- My Sister Eileen (1955)
- The Phenix City Story (1955)
- Storm Center (1956)
- Reprisal! (1956)
- The Wild Party (1956)
- Mister Cory (1957)
- The Guns of Fort Petticoat (1957)
- The Night the World Exploded (1957)
- Operation Mad Ball (1957)
- The Brothers Rico (1957)
- Gunman's Walk (1958)
- The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958)
- Anatomy of a Murder (1959)
- The Big Circus (1959)
- 1001 Arabian Nights (1959) (voice)
- "Kathryn Grant". Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- "Bing Crosby biography". Archived from the original on October 28, 2009. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- Jim Sparks, "Crews to Start Work on Bridge," Winston-Salem Journal, November 21, 2007.
- Martin Griffith (December 2, 2010). "Bing Crosby's widow recovering from accident". Associated Press.