||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
August 2, 1950 |
Tazewell, Virginia, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Lawrence O'Donnell (m. 1994; divorced; 1 child)|
Harrold has appeared in a number of TV series. She appeared as Nola Dancy Aldrich #1 on the NBC soap opera The Doctors from 1975 to 1977. After she left the show, her replacement was Kathleen Turner. Her other television credits include The Rockford Files, MacGruder and Loud, The Bronx Zoo, I'll Fly Away, The Larry Sanders Show, and Mister Sterling. She played Helen Rowland in Desperate Housewives.
She was Steve McQueen's leading lady in the screen legend's final film, The Hunter (1980), and Arnold Schwarzenegger's leading lady in the action vehicle Raw Deal (1986). She appeared in Nightwing (1979), The Pursuit of D. B. Cooper (1981), the cult horror film The Sender (1982), and co-starred with Luciano Pavarotti in Yes, Giorgio (1982).
Harrold starred in Modern Romance (1981) as the ex-girlfriend of Albert Brooks's character. The film received a limited release and ultimately grossed under US$3 million domestically, but it was well received by critics, with one reviewer commenting that the film was "not Brooks at his best, but still amusing."
She had a supporting role in Into the Night (1985), an action/suspense film directed by John Landis, as Paul Mazursky's character's girlfriend. She appeared in several TV movies, most notably Bogie (1980), in which she played movie legend Lauren Bacall, reportedly against Bacall's wishes, and the HBO film Dead Solid Perfect (1988) in a leading role, opposite Randy Quaid. She also starred in Man Against the Mob (1988) with George Peppard, aired on NBC as a TV movie.
On February 14, 1994, Harrold married Lawrence O'Donnell but the marriage did not last; the couple had one child, Elizabeth. Harrold retrained in psychology and now runs her own counseling practice in Los Angeles, California.
- Leslie, Terry W. Mullins, Louise B.; Terry W. Mullins (2006). Tazewell. Arcadia Publishing. p. 87. ISBN 9780738543864. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "Kathryn Harrold profile". New York Times. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- Kathryn Harrold at the Internet Movie Database
- "http://www.boxofficemojo.com". Modern office. Retrieved March 12, 2006.
- "http://www.rottentomatoes.com". Modern Romance (1981). Retrieved March 12, 2006.
- "The Sharp Shooter : Love him or hate him, Lawrence O'Donnell Jr. is shaking up Washington. His take-no-prisoners style makes him the consummate outsider on the inside". Los Angeles Times. August 12, 1994.