February 8, 1997|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Kathryn Newton (born February 8, 1997) is an American actress best known for her role as Louise Brooks in the CBS television series Gary Unmarried as well as for her role as Alex Nelson in the 2012 feature film Paranormal Activity 4, which earned her the 2013 Young Artist Award for Best Leading Young Actress in a Feature Film. She is also known for portraying the older version of Claire Novak in the CW series Supernatural and for her role as the older Joanie Clark in the AMC television series Halt and Catch Fire.
Life and career
Newton is the daughter of Robin and David Newton. She started her career at age four, making her television debut on the soap opera All My Children, playing Colby Marian Chandler from 2001 to 2004. Meanwhile, she also starred in two short films, Abbie Down East (2002) and Bun-Bun (2003). In 2008 Newton was cast in the role of Louise Brooks in the CBS television series Gary Unmarried. In 2010 Newton won two Young Artist Awards for "Best Performance in a TV Comedy Series" and "Best Performance in a TV series (Comedy or Drama)" for Gary Unmarried. Newton played the role of Chase Rubin-Rossi in the 2011 film Bad Teacher alongside Cameron Diaz. She had the lead role, Alex, in the 2012 film Paranormal Activity 4, the fourth in the franchise, and won an award at the 34th Young Artist Awards for her performance in the film. Beginning in season 10, she had a recurring role as Claire Novak on Supernatural. In 2017, Newton appeared in the HBO series Big Little Lies based on the Liane Moriarty novel of the same name. Newton was cast in the female lead of an adaptation of Pokémon: Detective Pikachu.
- ^ a b c "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved 2013-03-31.
- ^ "Teen Actress Newton Hopes To Star In Women's Open". Archived from the original on 14 September 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- ^ a b "After appearing in "Gary Unmarried," "Bad Teacher," 15-year-old seeks role on golf's biggest stage". USGA. May 1, 2012. Archived from the original on February 16, 2016. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- ^ a b "31st Annual Young Artist Awards - 2010". www.youngartistawards.org. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- ^ a b "I Felt Invincible: Kathryn Newton on Paranormal Activity 4". CraveOnline. October 19, 2012. Archived from the original on February 16, 2016. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- ^ "It's scream season already as scary movies crowd calendar". USA Today. August 31, 2012. Archived from the original on September 3, 2012. Retrieved September 3, 2012.
- ^ "Alexander Skarsgård and James Tupper Join HBO's 'Big Little Little Lies'". Variety. January 5, 2016. Archived from the original on February 16, 2016. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- ^ Kroll, Justin (November 29, 2017). "'Big Little Lies' Actress Kathryn Newton to Star in Live-Action Pokemon Movie". Variety. Archived from the original on November 30, 2017. Retrieved November 29, 2017.
- ^ "30th Annual Young Artist Awards - Nominations / Special Awards". archive.org. 19 July 2011. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- ^ "32nd Annual Young Artist Awards - Nominations / Special Awards". archive.org. 8 August 2013. Retrieved 30 March 2018.