Kathy (TV series)
|Directed by||Lenn Goodside|
|Presented by||Kathy Griffin|
|Theme music composer||Adam Schlesinger|
|Opening theme||"I'll Say It"|
|Ending theme||"I'll Say It" (season 1)
"I'll Say It" (instrumental) (season 2)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||24 (list of episodes)|
|Location(s)||East Hollywood, Los Angeles|
|Running time||44 minutes|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Television|
|Original release||April 19, 2012– March 28, 2013|
Kathy is an American late-night talk show hosted by Kathy Griffin. The show debuted on April 19, 2012 at 10:00 p.m. on Bravo and aired every Thursday. The show was renewed for a second and final season, which started airing on January 10, 2013 as started to air Live at 10:00PM on Bravo, which was later changed to 11:30PM in mid-season.
On April 6, 2013, Bravo announced the cancellation of Kathy after two seasons.
The show relies on Kathy Griffin's stand-up in the first part of the program. Kathy's mother Maggie Griffin, and Kathy's assistant Tiffany Rinehart, both seated in the front row of the audience, are then introduced. The main parts of the show feature a panel of "civilians" (random people, staff, or friends) and sometimes celebrities, chatting about hot issues of the week. The next part of the show is a pre-recorded segment involving comedic antics Kathy has done during the week. Finally, Maggie gives her opinions on topics and the night's events in a segment called "Maggie Tucks Us In".
In season 2, the set of the show was re-decorated. It was revealed that the studio of the show, Studio 58, used to be the studio of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson before it moved to Studio 56. Also, the panelists consists mostly of celebrities rather than "civilians". The segment "Maggie Tucks Us In" has been cut; however, Maggie Griffin, along with Rinehart are still seated in the audience each episode and Kathy would occasionally chat with them.
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||12||April 19, 2012||July 5, 2012|
|2||12||January 10, 2013||March 28, 2013|
- Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List
- List of Kathy Griffin stand-up specials
- List of late-night American network TV programs
- List of programs broadcast by Bravo
- McNamara, Mary (April 20, 2012). "'Kathy' review: Kathy Griffin finds a new level of reality". Show Tracker. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- "Bravo Gets Chatty With Emmy Winner Kathy Griffin Premiering Weekly Primetime Talk Show "Kathy" on April 19th at 10:00 PM ET/PT". The Futon Critic. March 8, 2012.
- "Caution: Kathy Griffin Dives Head First Into the New Season of Bravo Media's "Kathy" Premiering Thursday, January 10th at 10 PM ET/PT". The Futon Critic. December 5, 2012.
- "Bravo Media Has Its Fill of Food, Fashion, Feuds and Fabulousness from February 27 - March 6". The Futon Critic. February 26, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 6, 2013). "'Kathy' Canceled by Bravo After Two Seasons". TV by the Numbers.