Ekaterina Igorevna Elizarova
August 17, 1986
|Other names||Katya Elizarova|
Blair Metcalfe (m. 2016)
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Eye colour||Blue / Green|
Elizarova was born in Saratov, Soviet Union. Her great-grandfather married Vladimir Lenin's sister, and her grandfather was a former head of the KGB. She has a sister, Alisa, who was a contestant on the fourth cycle of Top Model po-russki, the Russian adaptation of America's Next Top Model.
At 14, Elizarova was spotted by modeling scout Guia Jikidze in her hometown, after which she appeared on the cover of Jalouse and starred in Russian television commercials and campaigns for brands including Pepsi, Kirin, La Forêt and Sok Dobriy. She went on to appear in Elle and Glamour magazines and to work with Versace, Valentino, and Preen.
Elizarova became a full-time model after graduating from university in 2009. Clients and photographers Elizarova has worked with include Ellen Von Unwerth, Rankin, Kim Knott, Commes des Garcons, Guy Laroche, Kirin, Laforet, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Valentino, Versace, Ines Valentinitsch, Etienne Aigner, Karen Walker, Preen, Jasper Conran, DSquared², Ghost, Avon, Shu Uemura, Swarovski, New Look, Miss Selfridge, Fornarina, Victoria's Secret, Made by Niki, Babyliss, Trevor Sorbie, L'Oréal, and Wella.
Elizarova has worked with several agencies, including Why Not Model Agency (Milan), City Models (Paris), M4 Models (Hamburg), View Management (Spain), Vivienne Model Management and Clear Model Management.
Campaigns since 2010 include Esprit, Triumph, GHD, Toni & Guy, and launching George Davies' luxury fashion brand GIVe. She has also appeared on the cover of Fabulous Magazine and S Magazine and had features in InStyle Magazine, Marie Claire, T3, GQ, Sky Showbiz. In early 2011, Elizarova shot a television campaign for Rimmel London alongside actress Zooey Deschanel.
In August 2011 she signed with IMG Models. In November, Elizarova was hired by US fashion company Max Studio as the brand's new face and first ambassador. She replaced past faces of the brand Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Lily Cole. Elizarova has fronted and creatively consulted on campaigns for Max Studio in its Spring/Summer 2012, Fall/Winter 2012 and Spring/Summer 2013 seasons supported by fellow brand models Erin O'Connor, Suki Waterhouse, and Victoria Zuban.
Elizarova made her theatrical debut on the London stage in Belka Production's adaptation of Chekov and Bunin short stories Sunstroke, in August / September 2013. She also appeared in Fox UK's reality show Meet the Russians, about Eastern Europeans living in London.
In 2015, Elizarova worked with the BBC as a fashion and lifestyle expert featuring in its documentary series Rich, Russian and Living in London.
Elizarova made her film debut in spring 2016, appearing alongside Ewan McGregor and Stellan Skarsgard in the Hollywood adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Our Kind of Traitor, playing the role of Katia.
A campaigner for models' rights, she addressed the Oxford Union on the world of modelling, its pitfalls, rewards, and health issues in 2009. She is a supporter of UK charity Fashion For Good and the Red Cross. In October 2013, Elizarova addressed a forum in the British Parliament on the future of the fashion industry, focusing on support for young talent.
- "Katya Elizarova Portfolio". City Models. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Katia Elizarova". M4 Model Management. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Russian Model Katia Elizarova". AllRus.me. 15 November 2014. Archived from the original on 27 January 2016. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- Carter, Claire (September 20, 2013). "British men are weak with terrible manners, Russian model says". The Telegraph. UK. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "Алиса Елизарова - Участницы - Топ-модель по-русски". topmodel.u-tv.ru. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "International Model Katia Elizarova Signed By IMG Models" (Press release).
- Kay, Richard (2011-10-26). "Katia Who Got The Cream". Daily Mail. London. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "Are You Model Material". Sky Living. Archived from the original on 14 March 2012.
- "Max Studio Signs International Model Katia Elizarova as Brand Ambassador". Fashion Style. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- The Times year in pictures 2013 | The Times
- "M4 Model Management - KATIA ELIZAROVA". M4 Models. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Katya Elizarova - Fashion Model - Profile". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Katya Elizarova - photo ID:254185". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Katya Elizarova - photo ID:372778". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "GQ's Guide to the Perfect Night". My Fashion Database. December 2010. Archived from the original on 8 January 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Katia Elizarova recent news". Production Paradise. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Katia Elizarova Profile - IMG Models". IMG Group. Archived from the original on 2012-04-02. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- "Katia Elizarova - Stylist News". Stylist. Archived from the original on 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- "International Model Katia Elizarova Signed by IMG Models". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 2011-08-25.[dead link]
- "Katia Elizarova named as new face of Max Studio, replaces Rosie H-W and Lily Cole". My Fashion Life. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- "Max Studio to launch in London". Retail Gazette. Archived from the original on 2011-10-28. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "Max Studio Signs International Model Katia Elizarova as Brand Ambassador and New Face". Yahoo News!. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- Leon Max/Maxstudio Spring/Summer 2013 - YouTube
- My Fashion Connect: Super models Erin O'Connor and Katia Elizarova fronting LEON MAX Ad campaign this winter
- Leon Max Archives | Design Scene - Fashion, Photography, Style & Design
- "Leon Max London Store Opening Party". Shelf 3D. 28 December 2012. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "A day in the life of a Russian supermodel and actress who lives in London". Business Insider. February 21, 2015. Retrieved September 5, 2016.
- "Disco Crash - Sky". YouTube. 2003.
- "Sunstroke Review". Time Out London. 30 July 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- Russian model Katia Elizarova stars in Chekhov adaptation Sunstroke - Theatre News - 14 Aug 2013
- Peacock, Louisa (14 September 2013). "Meet the Russians: Beyond the wodka, fur and red lipstick, Russian girls are genuine and loveable". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Meet the characters". London. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "Katia Elizarova - Bridget Jones Baby". London. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Exclusive: Inside The Life Of A Modern Supermodel- Katia Elizarova – Part Two | Bohomoth
- Exclusive: Inside The Life Of A Modern Supermodel- Katia Elizarova – Part One | Bohomoth
- Ekaterina Elizarova - International model - Russian Personalities
- ‘Katia E’, de supermodelo a superheroína | Gente | EL PAÍS
- "Katia Elizarova". Instagram.
- Kay, Richard. "Why Darcey says Strictly is OK-yah". Daily Mail. London.
- Goncharova, Masha (28 November 2013). "Lifestyles of the Rich and Russian". The New York Times.