|Islington Borough Councillor
for Highbury West
4 May 2006 – 6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Adrian Pulham|
|Succeeded by||Andy Hull|
|Political party||Green Party|
Katie Dawson was a Green Party councillor in the London Borough of Islington for the Highbury West ward. She was elected to this position in May 2006 and was the first candidate for her party to sit in the council, however she was narrowly defeated in 2010.
Her activities on the council have included campaigning against light pollution and waste by local football team Arsenal FC, changing the council constitution on local decision-making, proposing a lido and supporting the building of a medical centre as part of the planned redevelopment of Finsbury Park and the controversial redevelopment of the Arsenal FC stadium, which lies within her ward of Highbury West, and campaigning for demolition of a local factory owned by David Triesman
- "Arsenal's dazzling display keeps neighbours awake". Islington Tribune.
- "Green sees red over 'polluting' Arsenal". Islington Gazette.
- "Beach and lido plan for Finsbury Park". Hornsey & Crouch End Journal.
- "Fury as council gives Arsenal all-clear to drop medical centre from homes plan". Islington Gazette.
- Duff, Oliver (2007-04-18). "I smell a rat: Labour minister's infested factory". London: The Independent. Retrieved 2010-05-07.
|This article about an English politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|