|Born||Freehold Township, New Jersey, United States|
|Occupation||Screenwriter, television producer, actress, comedian|
|Known for||Parks and Recreation
Katie Dippold is a screenwriter, actress, and comedian. She was a writer on the NBC series Parks and Recreation and wrote The Heat starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. The Heat won the 2014 American Comedy Award for best screenplay and favorite comedy of the year at the People's Choice Awards.
Life and career
After graduating college, Dippold started a career in improvisational comedy at Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre (UCBT) in New York City. She wrote and performed in various stage shows at the UCBT in New York City and still continues to perform improv on stage at the UCBT's venue in Los Angeles. She is a part of improv groups "The Smokes" and "Reuben Starship". Dippold has appeared as a sketch regular on Late Night with Conan O'Brien and was a cast member on the MTV comedic prank series Boiling Points. In 2006, she became a writer for the twelfth season of MADtv and was also a co-producer during its fourteenth season. In 2009, she joined the writing staff of Parks and Recreation where she worked for several seasons.
Dippold wrote the screenplay for the comedic film The Heat (2013), starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy, and directed by Paul Feig. Dippold and director Feig co-wrote the 2016 Ghostbusters all-female reboot.
|2013||The Heat||ER Nurse||Also writer|
|2016||Ghostbusters||Rental Agent||Also writer|
|2004–2005||Boiling Points||Series regular||Also writer|
|2006–2009||Mad TV||Wrote 54 episodes|
|2007||Fat Guy Stuck in Internet||Byte||8 episodes|
|2009–2013||Parks and Recreation||Mindy Marfan / Woman in Line||Also writer and co-producer|
|2010||Players||Jackie||Episode: "Teardrop Angels"|
|2013||Comedy Bang! Bang!||Janet Villalobos||Episode: "Rainn Wilson Wears a Short Sleeved Plaid Shirt & Colorful Sneakers"|
|2015||Brooklyn Nine-Nine||Diane||Episode: "The Wednesday Incident"|
Episodes of Parks and Recreation
- "Beauty Pageant" (2.03)
- "The Set Up" (2.13)
- "Summer Catalog" (2.20)
- "Indianapolis" (3.06)
- "Andy and April's Fancy Party" (3.09)
- "Meet 'n' Greet" (4.05)
- Maurer, Mark. "'Parks and Recreation' co-producer, writer Katie Dippold: Making people laugh", The Star-Ledger, February 15, 2012. Accessed June 22, 2015. "Parks and Recreation co-producer and staff writer Katie Dippold, a Freehold Township native and Rutgers alumna."
- Day, Elizabeth (June 24, 2016). "Ghostbusters writer Katie Dippold: 'They said it was the worst movie ever before I'd written a word'". Daily Telegraph.
- "UCB Theatre • Katie Dippold". Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- Brodsky, Katherine (November 20, 2012). "10 Screenwriters to Watch to be honored at Whistler Film Fest". Variety.
- Symonds, Alexandria (December 18, 2012). "THE LA HEAT: KATIE DIPPOLD". Interview.
|This article about a television writer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|