Katie Farris is an American fiction writer, poet, translator, academic and editor.
Farris is the author of BOYSGIRLS, (Marick Press, 2011), a hybrid form text, which has been lauded as “truly innovative” (Prague Post ), “a tour de force” (Robert Coover ), and “a book with gigantic scope. At some points it reads like the book of Genesis; at others, like a dream-turned-nightmare. From the opening lines the author grabs you by the throat.” (Louisville Courier-Journal ).
She is also the co-translator of Polina Barskova's "This Lamentable City" (Tupelo Press, 2010) and Guy Jean's "If I Were Born in Prague" (Argos Books, 2011). Farris won the 2012 DJS Translation Award from Poetry East/West for her co-translations in New Cathay: Contemporary Chinese Poetry, 1990-2012 (Tupelo Press, 2012 )
Her other fiction, translations, and poetry have appeared in Virginia Quarterly Review, Western Humanities Review, The Literary Review, Verse, Indiana Review, Mid-American Review, Washington Square, Hayden's Ferry Review, The Brooklyn Rail and other journals. Her translations have also been widely anthologized in texts such as New European Poets (Graywolf Press) and Penguin Book of Classical Russian Poetry (Penguin).
With Ilya Kaminsky and Valzhyna Mort, Farris has co-edited "Gossip and Metaphysics: Prose by Russian Modernist Poets" which is forthcoming from Tupelo Press in 2015.
Farris has taught at UC Berkeley and Brown University and currently teaches in the MFA Program at San Diego State University where she won an Innovation in Teaching Award  in 2013. She is also the member of the Core Faculty at New England College's Low Residency MFA Program.
- If I Were Born In Prague: Poems of Guy Jean (Argos Books, New Hampshire, 2011), co-translator
- This Lamentable City: Poems of Polina Baskova (Tupelo Press, Vermont 2010), co-translator ISBN 978-1-932195-83-5
- Traveling Musicians: Selected Poems of Polina Barskova (Yunost Publishers, Moscow, 2006), co-translator
- "Gossip and Metaphysics: Prose by Russian Modernists Poets" (Tupelo Press, 2015), co-editor
- Review: Mary McMyne on BOYSGIRLS in "American Book Review"
- Review: Micah McCrary on BOYSGIRLS in "Bookslut"
- Review: Mary Popham on BOYSGIRLS in "Louisville Courier-Journal"
- Review: Robert Lipton on BOYSGIRLS in "Poetry Flash"
- Review: Deborah Lechner on BOYSGIRLS in "Hayden's Ferry Review"
- Review: Stephan Delbos on BOYSGIRLS in "Prague Post"
- Review: Val B. Russell on BOYSGIRLS in "Her Circle"
- Review: Ivy Page on BOYSGIRLS in "Midwest Book Review"
- Review: Dana Jennings on "This Lamentable City" in The New York Times
- Interview with Katie Farris in Women's Quarterly Conversation
- Interview with Katie Farris in California Journal of Poetics 
- "Issue 20 « Washington Square". Washingtonsquarereview.com. Retrieved 2011-07-14.
- Translations of Barskova in Brooklyn Rail
- San Diego State University Department of English Class Schedule
- New England College MFA Program Blog
- Women's Quarterly Conversation
- California Journal of Poetics