|Born||Katherine A. McCall
September 3, 1975
|Notable credit(s)||KRIV Newscaster 2014 to present|
Katherine A. "Katie" McCall (born September 3, 1975), known professionally as Katie McCall, is an American television journalist.
Early life and education
McCall grew up in Glenview, Illinois and graduated from Glenbrook South High School. She earned a bachelor of arts degree cum laude from Vanderbilt University in English and Spanish in 1997 and is fluent in Spanish.
McCall began her career as an associate producer and field producer for WSMV-TV in Nashville, Tennessee, where she worked from 1997 until 1998. From 1998 until 2000, she worked for KGUN-TV in Tucson, Arizona as a general assignment reporter, medical reporter and morning anchor. From 2000 until 2006, McCall worked as a general assignment reporter and fill-in anchor at KHWB-TV in Houston.
McCall joined WBBM-TV in Chicago in July 2006 as a general assignment reporter and fill-in anchor. McCall was one of a group of employees laid off from WBBM on March 31, 2008.
McCall has been honored with two Associated Press Awards and was named "Best Local T.V. Reporter" by The Houston Press in 2004.
- "Katie McCall, Reporter, KTRK | ZoomInfo.com". Archived from the original on 2008-06-08. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "Houston layoffs reported at Univision - Houston Chronicle". chron.com. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "Heads Roll at CBS 2: Chicagoist". chicagoist.com. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "mikemcguff.com: Katie McCall exits KTRK abc13". mikemcguff.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "mikemcguff.com: Katie McCall joins FOX 26 after KTRK 13". mikemcguff.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2016-07-26.