McGrath at the Japan Expo in 2010
|Born||Katherine Elizabeth McGrath
c. 1983 (age 32–33)
Ashford, County Wicklow, Ireland
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
Katherine Elizabeth "Katie" McGrath (born c. 1983) is an Irish actress who is best known for portraying the Lady Morgana Pendragon on the BBC One show Merlin from 2008 - 2012. McGrath is also known for portraying Zara Young in the successful American science fiction 2015 movie Jurassic World. McGrath has also appeared on Drama TV Movie A Princess for Christmas during 2011. In 2013 McGrath appeared as Lucy Westenra in Horror TV Show Dracula, she starred in 10 Episodes as a main role. McGrath has also appeared in films The Throwaways during 2015 as Gloria Miller, in the film McGrath is "The Spy" as described in the trailer who uses "special" tactics to get information. McGratth also starred in the movie Leading Lady in 2014 where she played the role of Jodi Rutherford a Brittain teacher trying to get into the acting industry .On the Throwaways trailer McGrath features heavily, she also features on the poster. McGrath is also set to appear in American Horror TV Show Slasher. In 2016 McGrath was set to appear in Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur as Elsa, however the film was pushed back to 2017 for release in February.
McGrath was raised in Ashford, County Wicklow, Ireland. She studied the International Baccalaureate at St. Andrews College before graduating from Trinity College, Dublin with a degree in history. She wanted to work in fashion journalism and took a job at Image magazine, before becoming a wardrobe assistant on the set of The TudorsWhile working on The Tudors, McGrath was advised to try acting, so she sent photographs around to Irish agents. She said:
Being an actress was kind of like when you’re a kid, and you want to run away and join the circus, it's something you really want to do, but then you grew up and got a proper job. It was a dream, but I didn’t think it would ever be reality, and yet here I am!
McGrath was cast in Damage, an Irish TV-movie in 2007. She also starred in Bedrock Productions's play La Marea at the Dublin Theatre Festival 2007. She appeared in the feature films Eden and Freakdog in 2008, before being cast in Merlin.
In 2009, McGrath starred in a five-part docudrama for Channel 4 exploring the life of Queen Elizabeth II, The Queen, in which she played a young Princess Margaret. Emilia Fox portrayed Elizabeth II in the same episode McGrath acted in, the two had previously worked together as sisters Morgause and Morgana in Merlin. In 2010, McGrath was cast in Madonna's directorial debut W.E., an Edward VIII biopic. McGrath played Lady Furness, the king's former mistress who introduces him to Wallis Simpson.
In February 2011, McGrath began filming the comedy-drama film A Princess for Christmas in Romania. The film premiered in December 2011. In September 2011, McGrath voice-acted the lead character in the Irish animated short film Tríd an Stoirm (Through the Storm). Later that month, McGrath was cast as Oriane Congost in Labyrinth.
In February 2013, McGrath was reunited with her The Tudors co-star and close friend Jonathan Rhys Meyers (McGrath worked in the wardrobe department and portrayed a small role on The Tudors) in NBC and Sky Living's horror drama TV series Dracula, which started airing in autumn 2013. McGrath portrays Lucy Westenra. In June 2013, McGrath co-starred in episode four of the Channel 4 show Dates alongside Gemma Chan as a young lesbian on the dating scene. In 2015, McGrath had a supporting role as Zara in the film Jurassic World. Earlier that year, she starred in the Crackle original spy-thriller, The Throwaways. 
In November 2014, McGrath co-starred in a Hozier music video for the song From Eden with the singer. She will co-star in Guy Ritchie's Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur which will be released in 2017.
|2011||W.E.||Lady Thelma Furness|
|2012||Tríd an Stoirm||Alice/Banshee (voice)||Short film|
|2014||Leading Lady||Jodi Rutherford|
|2015||The Throwaways||Gloria Miller|
|2017||Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur||Elsa|
|2008||Tudors, TheThe Tudors||Bess||Season 2, episode 5: "His Majesty's Pleasure"|
|2008||Roaring Twenties, TheThe Roaring Twenties||Vixen||TV miniseries|
|2008–12||Merlin||Morgana Pendragon||Main role, 65 episodes|
|2009||Queen, TheThe Queen||Princess Margaret||Season 1, episode 1: "Margaret"|
|2011||Princess for Christmas, AA Princess for Christmas||Jules Daly||TV movie|
|2012||Labyrinth||Oriane Congost||TV miniseries|
|2013||Dates||Kate Foster||TV series|
|2013||Dracula||Lucy Westenra||Main role, 10 episodes|
- "Katie McGrath - Hamilton Hodell - CV". hamiltonhodell.co.uk.
- McGrath grew up with two older brothers, Rory and Shaun. "Interview Katie McGrath" (July 2011) Irish Tatler
- Carey, Anna (October 2008). "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". The Gloss Magazine. Archived from the original on 18 December 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "She's magic". Sunday Herald Salon. 4 October 2008. Archived from the original on 8 April 2008. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- bedrockproductions Archived 5 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Five actresses to play the Queen for C4". The Guardian. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 4 March 2009.
- "Katie McGrath praises 'fantastic' Madonna". Digital Spy (London). 8 October 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- Blaga, Lulia (25 February 2011). "PRODUCTION: Christmas at Castlebury Hall Will Shoot in Romania". Film New Europe. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Victoria Smurfit To Sink Teeth into Jonathan Rhys Meyers' 'Dracula'". IFTN. 4 February 2013. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- Kit, Borys (3 April 2014). "Judy Greer Joins Jurassic World". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Videoink. 30 January 2015 http://www.thevideoink.com/news/crackle-premieres-jeremy-renner-produced-movie-throwaways/#.Vm7nFeKlZT4. Retrieved 14 December 2015. Missing or empty
- "Hozier releases new video for 'From Eden' featuring Katie McGrath". Irish Independent. 19 November 2014. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Katie McGrath Will Star in Chiller's Original Series "Slasher"". Chiller. 28 July 2015. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Katie McGrath.|
- Katie McGrath at the Internet Movie Database
- From Eden YouTube video featuring Katie McGrath; song by Hozier.