Pavlich at the CPAC in 2013.
|Born||Catherine M. Pavlich
July 10, 1988
United States, North America
|Alma mater||University of Arizona|
|Occupation||Journalist, political commentator, author|
Catherine M. "Katie" Pavlich (born July 10, 1988) is an American conservative journalist, primarily known for her work at the online news magazine Townhall.com as well as for authoring the book Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-Up. A National Review Washington Fellow, she has appeared numerous times as a television commentator, notably on the Fox News Channel program The Five.
Early life and education
Pavlich was born on July 10, 1988. Self-described as a Daughter of the American Revolution, she was raised in the mountainous areas of northern Arizona and developed interests in river rafting and hunting and a love of the outdoors from her father. She graduated from Sinagua High School in Flagstaff, and went on to earn a bachelor of arts degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Arizona.
After completing her degree in 2010, Pavlich moved to the Washington, D.C., area and became news editor for Townhall.com, a contributing editor to Townhall Magazine, and a Fox News Channel contributor. In the summer of 2013, she became an alternate co-host for The Five. She is also a National Review Washington Fellow. As a reporter, she has covered topics ranging from White House scandals and the 2012 presidential election to the Second Amendment and U.S. border issues. Pavlich has shared her perspective on multiple media venues, including Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and Fox Business, in addition to numerous national and local radio shows. She is a regular speaker on college campuses across the country.
She is the author of a book on the same subject, Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-Up (2012).
In July 2014, Pavlich published her second book, Assault & Flattery: The Truth About the Left and Their War on Women.
On July 10, 2014, the Clare Booth Luce Policy Institute honored Pavlich as the Woman of the Year.
Awards and honors
- 2013 Blogger of the Year at the Conservative Political Action Conference
- 2013 Conservative Leadership Award from the Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute
- 2014 Woman of the Year from the Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute
- Pavlich, Katie (2012). Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-Up. Regnery Publishing. ISBN 9781596983212.
- Pavlich, Katie (2014). Assault and Flattery: The Truth About the Left and Their War on Women. Threshold Editions. ISBN 9781476749624.
- "Katie Pavlich". Trademarkia. 2014. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- "Katie Pavlich". Fox News Channel. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- "Katie Pavlich". Twitter. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- "Katie Pavlich". Red Alert Politics. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- Pavlich, Katie (July 3, 2014). "Proud to be an American". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- "Alumni Listings". Sinaguah High School. 2006. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- "Katie Pavlich". Townhall.com. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- "Katie Pavlich". National Review Institute. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- "Katie Pavlich honored at CPAC as blogger of the year". Twitchy.com. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- Williams, Rachel (July 11, 2014). "And the 2014 Woman of the Year Award Goes to ...". Townhall. Retrieved July 24, 2014.