Katie Rowley Jones
|Katie Rowley Jones|
Katie Rowley Jones
c. 1978 (age 39–40)|
University of Nottingham|
Guildford School of Acting
|Occupation||Musical theatre actress|
Katie Rowley Jones (born c. 1978) is a British musical theatre actress best known for her portrayal of Nessarose in the West End production of Wicked and Sister Mary Robert in the West End production of Sister Act.
Early life and education
Rowley Jones was born in Cambridge and is one of four sisters. She received a B.A. (Hons) degree in law from the University of Nottingham. She showed a keen interest in performing but did not begin her professional training until the age of 22, when she went on to study musical theatre at the Guildford School of Acting (GSA).
Rowley Jones is best known for creating the role of Nessarose for UK audiences, in the London production of Wicked. Performances began on 27 September 2006, following previews from 7 September. After two years with the company she played her final performance on 7 June 2008, and was replaced by her understudy Caroline Keiff.
Katie later returned to the London production of Wicked, taking over the role she originated, Nessarose, from Lillie Flynn. She began her new contract on 29 October 2012, and this time around is also second understudy for Elphaba. Her first Elphaba performance took place on 7 August 2013. She continued to perform in the show for the next cast change in November 2013 and continued on for her third consecutive contract beginning in October 2014. It was announced on 17 July 2015 that she would continue on for her fourth year in the role. As of November 2013, she no longer covers Elphaba. She will stay with the show through 28 January 2017.
- Grease as Sandy
- The Rocky Horror Show as Janet (30th Anniversary Production)
- Whistle Down the Wind as Swallow (UK Tour)
- Beauty and the Beast as Belle (UK Tour)
- Wicked as Nessarose (2006-2008/2012-2017, Original London Production)
- Sister Act as Sister Mary Robert (2009-2010, Original London Production)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as Snow White (Winter 2010, Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage)
- Daily Express wrote "There is also a touching and noteworthy performance by Katie Rowley Jones as the novitiate Sister Mary Robert. She exudes an uncertainty about becoming a nun, having never experienced much of life and the song she sings, The Life I Never Led, is truly moving." Daily Telegraph wrote "Among the support, Katie Rowley Jones makes a sweet novice."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Katie Rowley Jones.|
- "Graduate blows into town". BBC. May 2002.
- "Katie Rowley Jones: Exclusive Feature". iVillage. 27 April 2007.
- "Katie Rowley Jones: Career". ActuallyActors.com. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "London 'Wicked' Announces New Cast Members". BroadwayWorld.com. April 27, 2007.
- "Sister Act -- Theater Review". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Ben Freeman, Louise Plowright, Sam Lupton and Lucy van Gasse Will Join West End Company of Wicked
- Rachel Tucker Returns To West End WICKED! New Cast Announced! Broadway World, Retrieved 20 May 2016
- Sister Act: Daily Express Review
- Sister Act: Daily Telegraph Review