Katie Says Goodbye
|Katie Says Goodbye|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Wayne Roberts|
|Written by||Wayne Roberts|
|Music by||Dan Romer|
|Distributed by||Vertical Entertainment|
Katie Says Goodbye is an American-French independent drama film written and directed by Wayne Roberts in his directorial debut. The film stars Olivia Cooke, Mireille Enos, Christopher Abbott, Mary Steenburgen, Jim Belushi, Keir Gilchrist and Chris Lowell. The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Katie, a kindhearted seventeen-year-old, turns to prostitution to overcome poverty and fulfill her dream of a new life in San Francisco.
- Olivia Cooke as Katie, Tracey’s daughter
- Mireille Enos as Tracey, Katie’s mother
- Christopher Abbott as Bruno, Katie’s love interest
- Mary Steenburgen as Maybelle, the diner owner where Katie works
- Jim Belushi as Bear, one of Katie’s clients
- Keir Gilchrist as Matty
- Chris Lowell as Dirk
- Natasha Bassett as Sara
- Gene Jones as Mr. Willard
On March 23, 2015, it was announced that Olivia Cooke had been cast in the film in title role of Katie, alongside Mireille Enos as Katie's mother, and Christopher Abbott as Katie's love interest. Jim Belushi will portray one of Katie's clients, with Mary Steenburgen playing the role of the diner owner where Katie works. The script was written by Wayne Roberts, who will also direct the feature, the film marks his directoral debut. The film will be produced by Sean Durkin who directed Martha Marcy May Marlene, and will be executive produced by Antonio Campos and Josh Mond. Roberts was inspired to direct the film after Campos and Durkin suggested he should. Dan Romer composed the films score.
In August 2016, the first image of Cooke was released. The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. Vertical Entertainment will distribute the film in the United States.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film received an audience score of 80%, based on 33 ratings, and a press critic approval rating of 56%, based on 9 reviews, with an average rating of 5/10.
- "Katie Says Goodbye". Toronto International Film Festival. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- Pond, Steve (August 23, 2016). "Toronto Film Festival Tops Off With Mark Wahlberg, Isabelle Huppert". The Wrap. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- Borys Kit. "Olivia Cooke to Star in Indie Drama 'Katie Says Goodbye' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Dan Romer Scoring 'Katie Says Goodbye'". Film Music Reporter. July 26, 2016. Retrieved August 4, 2016.
- "'Katie Says Goodbye' filming in NM". abqjournal.com.
- "On the Set for 5/4/15: Independence Day 2 Starts Shooting While Directors Jodie Foster and Martin Scorsese Wrap Their Films". SSN Insider. May 4, 2015. Archived from the original on May 18, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- Galuppo, Mia (August 22, 2016). "First Look: Olivia Cooke as a Small Town Waitress in Indie Drama 'Katie Says Goodbye'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 22, 2016.
- Vlessing, Etan (August 23, 2016). "Toronto Adds Mark Wahlberg Conversation, Mireille Enos-Starrer 'Katie Says Goodbye' to Lineup". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "Katie Says Goodbye". Vertical Entertainment. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- "Katie Says Goodbye (2016)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved January 19, 2017.