Silberman at South by Southwest in 2019.
|Occupation||Screenwriter, film producer|
Katie Silberman is an American screenwriter and film producer.
In spring 2018, Silberman was hired to revise the screenplay for Booksmart, and to update the story; previous drafts had been written by Emily Halpern, Sarah Haskins and Susanna Fogel. The film was released in 2019. Silberman, who also served as producer for the film, explored new concepts:
What if the two friends realized that they did high school all wrong? What if they realized that everyone they thought just partied and wasted their high-school years were going to Ivy League schools just like them?
- Lindsay, Kathryn (May 28, 2019). "Booksmart's Screenwriter Katie Silberman May Be The New Rom-Com Queen". Refinery29. Retrieved May 29, 2019.
- Nicholson, Amy (July 20, 2018). "Set It Up's Katie Silberman Is Here to Save the Rom-Com". Vulture.com. Retrieved May 29, 2019.
- Guerrasi, Jason (May 25, 2019). "How 'Booksmart' went from a 2009 script collecting dust to this year's must-see movie of the summer". Business Insider. Archived from the original on 2019-05-25.
- Erbland, Kate (May 21, 2019). "How 'Booksmart' Writer Katie Silberman Turned a Beloved Years-Old Script Into the Movie of the Moment". Indiewire. Archived from the original on 2019-05-26.
- Cipriani, Casey. "How 'Booksmart' Writer Katie Silberman Captured The All-Out "War" That Is High School". Bustle. Retrieved May 29, 2019.
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|