Katihar (Lok Sabha constituency)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Presently, Katihar Lok Sabha constituency comprises the following six Vidhan Sabha (legislative assembly) segments:
Members of Parliament
- 1957: Avadhesh Kumar Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1958: Bhola Nath Biswas, Indian National Congress
- 1962: Priya Gupta, Praja Socialist Party
- 1967: Sitaram Kesri, Indian National Congress
- 1977: Yuvraj, Janata Party
- 1980: Tariq Anwar, Indian National Congress
- 1984: Tariq Anwar, Indian National Congress
- 1989: Yuvraj, Janata Dal
- 1991: Mohammad Yunus Saleem, Janata Dal
- 1996: Tariq Anwar, Indian National Congress
- 1998: Tariq Anwar, Indian National Congress
- 1999: Nikhil Kumar Choudhary, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2004: Nikhil Kumar Choudhary, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2009: Nikhil Kumar Choudhary, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2014: Tariq Anwar, Nationalist Congress Party
|Indian general elections, 2014: Katihar |
|BJP||Nikhil Kumar Choudhary||3,16,552||32.37%|
|JD(U)||Ram Prakash Mahto||1,00,765||10.30%|
|NOTA||None of the Above||3,287||0.34%|
|NCP gain from BJP||Swing|
- "Election Commission of India"
- "Lok Sabha Former Members"
- "General Election of India 2014, Constituencywise detail result" (PDF). Election Commission of India. p. 56. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Parliamentary Constituency wise Turnout for General Election - 2014". ECI New Delhi. Archived from the original on June 6, 2014. Retrieved 2015-09-21.