Location of Katni district in Madhya Pradesh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||[Khajuraho (Lok Sabha constituency)]|
|• Total||4,949 km2 (1,911 sq mi)|
|• Density||260/km2 (680/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||73.62 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||948|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
Katni district is one of the 51 districts of Madhya Pradesh state in central India. The town of Katni is the district headquarters. The district is part of Jabalpur Division. The district occupies an area of 4949.59 km².
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Katni one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 24 districts in Madhya Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Katni District has a population of 1,291,684, roughly equal to the nation of Estonia or the US state of New Hampshire. This gives it a ranking of 379th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 261 inhabitants per square kilometre (680/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 21.38%. Katni has a sex ratio of 948 females for every 1000 males and a literacy rate of 73.62%.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (8 September 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 April 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 1 October 2011.
Estonia 1,282,963 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 1 January 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
New Hampshire 1,316,470
- 2011 Census of India, Population By Mother Tongue
- Decadal Variation In Population Since 1901
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Katni district.|
|This article related to a location in Madhya Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|