Katoomba Christian Convention
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Katoomba Christian Convention (KCC) is an interdenominational ministry providing evangelical Bible preaching to Christians. Conventions are held in KCC's 2300 seat auditorium at Katoomba, in the Blue Mountains approximately 100 km (62 mi) west of the Central Business District of Sydney, Australia.
At present there are 6 conventions (many of them run over 2–3 identical weekends).
The site also hosts the annual CMS Summer School, organised by the Church Missionary Society which draws close to 3000 people a day during the first week of January.
List of current conventions
- next generation conference—equips and trains youth and children's leaders and also future leaders to have Bible-focused ministries
- men's katoomba convention (MKC)—challenges men to give their lives to Christ
- katoomba Easter convention (KEC)—a long weekend away designed for families to be renewed and refreshed by the Word. Includes children's and youth programs for all ages.
- KYCK—challenges and equips high schoolers to boldly live the Christian life
- engage—revitalises and refreshes Christians in the world of work
- women's katoomba convention (WKC)—gives women the opportunity to have a real break, be refreshed and challenged by God's word and energised to live out their true identity in Christ.
Previous conventions have included City Youth Convention (CYC), KYC express, October Katoomba Convention (OKC) and Katoomba Convention Plus (KC+). KCC was the organisation behind the sell out event at the Sydney Entertainment Centre—Burn Your Plastic Jesus and has organised Pastor's Convention with Matt Chandler.
In 2011 KCC ran one of the biggest conventions for Christian leaders ever held in Sydney, Oxygen. Leaders were refreshed in their ministry by the preaching of John Piper & John Lennox. Oxygen was followed by One, a sell-out event at the Sydney Entertainment Centre where John Piper & John Lennox preached to nearly 10,000 people.
l MKC 2013 mkc.kcc.org.au
|Convention||Theme||Dates||Speakers||Next generation 2013
|Stand Firm, Hold Fast||
Carl Matthei, Jeff Read, Rowan Kemp, Angelo Gratsounas
|the narrow road
sam low and damien whitington
|Follow Me: Men of Jesus||
Chris Wright & Leon Stead
Peter Jensen, Kirk Patston & David James
|KYCK 2013||Life Laid Down||
Dave Miers & Jeremy Dunne
Richard Coekin & Paul Dale
|Fueled by Desire||
||Sarie King & Ruth Muffett|
The first Katoomba Christian Convention was held in 1903. A history of the ministry was published to coincide with its centenary under the title "A Century Preaching Christ".
List of Convention Chairmen
- David Cook
- Phillip Jensen
- Alan Stewart
- Phil Wheeler (current chairman)
- Braga, Stuart (2003). Book review: A Century Preaching Christ. Katoomba Christian Convention, Limited. ISBN 0-9750834-0-6.
- Robson, Geoff (2003 November 22). "Book review: A Century Preaching Christ by Stuart Braga", Southern Cross.
|This article about a Christian organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|