Katoomba railway station
Eastbound view in April 2012
|Location||Goldsmith Place, Katoomba
|Elevation||1,017 metres (3,337 ft)|
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||109.94 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||2 February 1874|
Katoomba railway station is located on the Main Western line in New South Wales, Australia. It serves the Blue Mountains town of Katoomba opening on 2 February 1874 as Crushers, being renamed Katoomba on 9 July 1877.
A passing loop exists to the north of the station. West of the station is a disused yard. A level crossing immediately east of the station was replaced by a bridge west of the station on 31 January 1986.
Platforms & services
Katoomba has one island platform with two sides. It is serviced by NSW TrainLink Blue Mountains Line services travelling from Sydney Central to Lithgow. Some services from Sydney terminate at Katoomba. The Bathurst Bullet operates to Bathurst.
|1||services to Sydney Central & the occasional westbound service|||
|services to Sydney Central|||
|2||services to Mount Victoria, Lithgow & Bathurst
terminating services from Sydney Central
|services to Dubbo & Broken Hill|||
- 685: to Wentworth Falls & North Wentworth Falls
- 685H: to Hazelbrook & North Hazelbrook
- 686: to Katoomba Golf Glub
- 686: to Echo Point & Scenic World
- 690K: to Springwood
- 690H: to Katoomba Hospital
- 695: to South Leura
- 696: to South Katoomba
- 697: to North Katoomba
- 698: to Blackheath & Mount Victoria
- Katoomba Station NSWrail.net
- Katoomba Railway Station & Yard Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Katoomba Crossing Closes" Railway Digest March 1986 page 80
- "Blue Mountains line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Western timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 20 October 2013 [Updated 15 June 2013].
- "Upper Mountains timetable" (PDF). Blue Mountains Bus Co. 7 April 2015.