|Birth name||Katrín Tanja Davíðsdóttir|
10 May 1993|
|Occupation||Professional CrossFit Athlete|
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||69 kg (152 lb)|
CrossFit New England|
Reebok CrossFit Reykjavik
|Coached by||Ben Bergeron|
|Achievements and titles|
2015 CrossFit Games Champion|
2016 CrossFit Games Champion
1st: 2016, 2018|
2nd: 2012, 2015, 2017
Katrín Tanja Davíðsdóttir (Icelandic pronunciation: [ˈkʰatrin ˈtaviːðsˌtouhtɪr]; born 10 May 1993) is an Icelandic CrossFit athlete known for her four appearances at the CrossFit Games. She is the women's champion of the 2015 and 2016 CrossFit Games. Katrín is the second woman to repeat as champion, following in the footsteps of her countrywoman, 2011 and 2012 CrossFit Games champion Anníe Þórisdóttir.
CrossFit Games career
Katrín's only event win at the 2015 Games came in the final event, Pedal to the Metal 2, but that was enough to move her ahead of countrywoman Ragnheiður Sara Sigmundsdóttir, who had been in first place going into the last two events.
Katrín missed qualification in 2014 due to a relatively poor performance at the Europe Regional on Event 5, a combination of legless rope climbs and sprints. Katrín finished in the top 10 on every 2014 Regional Event except this one, in which she dropped to 24th. In the end, 9 points separated Katrín from the final 2014 Games qualifier out of the Europe Regional, third-ranked Norwegian athlete Kristin Holte.
Katrín has said that missing qualification in 2014 was the "differentiator" that helped her come back to the Games and win in 2015.
Not making it last year affected me a lot, and I think that is a differentiator. I started working more closely with my coach, Ben Bergeron, and he not only got me the fittest that I've ever been, but he got my mental game to a whole other level. And I think that's the biggest thing. We can all work out and we're all fit, but this year I've been working so much on my mental approach and just staying in that mental mind game, staying focused on yourself, and only the next task at hand.— Katrín Davíðsdóttir, interview published on ESPNW.
CrossFit Games results
- "The Fittest on Earth". CrossFit Games. July 26, 2015.
- "Katrin Tanja Davidsdottir Plays Mental Game To Win CrossFit Games". espnW. July 29, 2015. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- "2015 Crossfit champions give insight". espnW. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Icelander Wins World CrossFit Games". Iceland Review. July 27, 2015. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "CrossFit Phenom Annie Thorisdottir: The Fittest Woman on the Planet?". Vogue. April 9, 2014. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- "Leaderboard". CrossFit Games. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Europe: Women Event 5". CrossFit Games. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "This Is the 'Fittest Woman on Earth'". Health. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Solid Foundation: Katrin Tanja Davidsdottir". CrossFit Games. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Athlete: Katrin Tanja Davidsdottir". CrossFit Games. Retrieved 7 October 2015.