Katri Ylander

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Katri Marianne Ylander (born December 17, 1985) is a Finnish singer who rose to popularity after finishing second in Idols Finland 2, the Finnish version of Pop Idol.[1] Ylander received 45% of votes, while the winner, Ilkka Jääskeläinen, received the other 55%. She released her first album in June 2006, releasing a hit single soon afterwards, "Onko Vielä Aikaa?" ("Is there still time?"), which reached number one on the Finnish Radio Top 20 list in the week of August 2.

Ylander was born in Harjavalta, Finland.

Discography[edit]

Katri Ylander discography
Studio albums3
Music videos6
Singles10
Tours2

Albums[edit]

Year Information Finland Sales and Certifications
2006 Katri Ylander
3
Finnish sales: 25,000
IFPI: Gold
2007 Kaikki nämä sanat
All These Words
13
Finnish sales: 17,000
IFPI: Gold
2009 Valvojat
Overseen
6
Finnish sales: 4,000
IFPI: N/A
2013 Uusi maa
New Land
35

Singles[edit]

Year Title Chart positions Certification Album
Finland Singles Finland Digital
2006 "Onko vielä aikaa?" Katri Ylander
"Mansikkamäki"
"Vuorollaan"
2007 "Aamuaurinkoon"
"Valehdellaan" 12 10 Kaikki nämä sanat
"Välitunnilla" 10 8 Gold
2008 "Unta" 20
"Kaikki nämä sanat"
2009 "Maailman ihanin" Valvojat
"Nyt"
"Valvojat"

Idols Finland 2 Performances[edit]

Tampere Auditions: "Almaz" by Randy Crawford
Semi Finals: "Piste" by Stella
Top 7: "Saving All My Love for You" by Whitney Houston
Top 6: "The Final Countdown" by Europe
Top 5: "Kuurupiiloa" by Irina
Top 5: "Solitary Motions" by Emmi
Top 4: "Do You Know Where You're Going To?" by Diana Ross
Top 4: "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie" by Baccara
Top 3: "We Are" by Ana Johnsson
Top 3: "I'm with You" by Avril Lavigne
Top 3: "Älä Sano Mitään" by Irina
Grand Final: "Unohda En"
Grand Final: "Don't Speak" by No Doubt
Grand Final: "Piste" by Stella
Grand Final: "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler

External links[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ "Katri Ylander palasi aallonpohjalta musiikkimaailman valokeilaan – "Olen kiitollinen ja liikuttunut, kun minut noteerataan näin monen vuoden jälkeen"" [Katri Ylander returned from the waves to the spotlight of the music world - “I am grateful and moved to be quoted after so many years”]. Seiska.fi. 1 February 2021.