Katrin Olsen (born 5 January 1978 in Tórshavn at the Faroe Islands) is a Danish–Faroese rower, and represents Denmark. She weights 61 kilos, and is therefore in the lightweight class. Before she went to live in Denmark she was rowing in Faroese rowing competitions and became Faroese Rowing Champion two times with the boat Jarnbardur of Róðrarfelagið Knørrur.
2008 Summer Olympics
In rowing at the 2008 Summer Olympics (lightweight double sculls) in Beijing, Olsen and Juliane Rasmussen seemed for a long time to get the third place after Japan, but ended at second place, and was qualified for the semifinale. However, they also got the fourth place in the semifinal (only the three best qualifies for the final), and lost. Their class was later won by rowers from the Netherlands.
- Yahoo: Katrin Olsen's Athlete Profile Archived 24 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Source: The article on the Faroese Wikipedia about Katrin Olsen.
- Útvarp Føroya: Katrin Olsen hevur roð seg í hálvfinaluna[permanent dead link]
- Útvarp Føroya: Katrin Olsen megnaði ikki at rógva seg í finaluna[permanent dead link]
- Knørrur Rowing Club, where it all began, in Faroese
|This biographical article relating to Danish rowing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|