Katrina is a 1969 South African drama film directed by Jans Rautenbach and starring Katinka Heyns, Jill Kirkland and Don Leonard. Based on a play called Try for White by D Warner, the film depicts the lives of a family of a Coloured South Africans, who in the apartheid system are considered neither white nor black, in which Katrina, the daughter, attempts to appear white, before her secret is exposed. The screenplay was written by Emil Nofal.
- Katinka Heyns - Alida Brink
- Jill Kirkland - Catherine Winters / Katrina September
- Don Leonard - Kimberley
- Cobus Rossouw - Adam September
- Joe Stewardson - Father Alex Trewellyn
- Carel Trichardt - Mr. Brink
- Tomaselli, Keyan. The cinema of apartheid: race and class in South African film. Routledge, 1989.
|This 1960s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|