12 December 1986 |
Perth, Western Australia
She has been dancing since the age of three and competing since the age of seven. She was brought up in her mother (Julie Patchett)'s dance studio in Perth, Western Australia, daughter of two internationally successful ballroom dancers[who?] who reached seventh in the world. At age thirteen she became a Western Australian State Champion.
Patchett moved to Europe at the age of 16, living, training and working in Denmark (partnering with Joachim Dahlström) before moving to France, at 19, to partner with the former winner of The Dancing Show, Maxime Dereymez. Together in 2007, they became the French national champions.[self-published source?] The couple also reached fourth place at the IDSF Open in 2007. After three years in France, Patchett moved to Slovenia to dance with Blaz Pocajt and compete in the professional category at the age of 22. Towards the end of 2010, Dereymez and Patchett decided to renew their partnership. They both competed on TF1's Danse avec les stars. Patchett won the first season of Danse avec les stars with her partner French singer/songwriter, Matt Pokora, on 19 March 2011.
Patchett speaks French, and lives in Paris.
Danse avec les stars
- "WA State Champions of the Past". Dance Sport Australia. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- Richards, Holly (20 June 2011). "Perth girl dances with the stars". The West Australian. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "Maxime Dereymez and Katrina Patchett". DancePlaza.com. Retrieved 21 June 2011.
- "Katrina Patchett - Competitions". International DanceSport Federation. Retrieved 21 June 2011.
- Sangmiester, Eva Maria (20 August 2008). "Professional Rising Star Standard:Germany wins". German Open Championships Stuttgart. German Open Championships - Tanz Event Management. Retrieved 21 June 2011.
- "Katrina: Danse avec les stars", TF1. (French)
|This article about someone associated with the art of dance is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|