Katten Muchin Rosenman
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||525 West Monroe Street Chicago, IL 60661|
|No. of offices||14|
|No. of attorneys||600+ (2018)|
|Key people||Roger P. Furey, Chairman, Noah Heller, Chief Executive Officer|
|Revenue||$574 million (2017)|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is a law firm formed in 2002 through the merger of Chicago-based Katten Muchin & Zavis (founded in 1974) and New York City-based Rosenman & Colin (founded in 1912). The Chicago-based firm has more than 600 lawyers in 14 offices across the United States and in London and Shanghai.
Rankings and Recognition
Katten Muchin is regularly honored for its diversity and women's programs by legal publications such as MultiCultural Law Magazine, mainstream publications such as Working Mother magazine  and by business groups such as the National Association for Female Executives "NAFE" rankings of Top 50 Companies for Executive Women. Katten Muchin Rosenman, LLP has been named one of the “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign every year since 2009.
Several practice areas have been recognized. Katten has been ranked in the BTI Litigation Outlook 2018 as a top-tier Honor Roll firm in the areas of IP Litigation, Class Actions, Securities and Finance Litigation, and Complex Employment Litigation. Katten has been highly ranked for US ABS/MBS Securitizations and CLO Underwriting Counsel. The firm was ranked second among the most active issuers' counsel for US asset-backed and mortgage-backed securitizations. Its Commercial Finance practice was named one of the top 10 dealmakers of 2017 by Franchise Times, advising on more than 75 deals in 2017 in the franchise and restaurant space, with loan sizes ranging from $25 million to more than $800 million. The firm’s Trusts and Estates practice has been recognized as an industry leader in the Chambers High Net Worth 2017 guide for top talent and cross-border excellence. Katten has been recognized for its trademark services by World Trademark Review 1000 – The World's Leading Trademark Professionals (WTR 1000). The firm’s Sports and Sports Facilities practice was selected as a “go-to” firm for Sports Law in Chicago.
Notable Attorneys and Alumni
- Special Master of the US Court of Federal Claims - Brian H. Corcoran former Katten partner
- On June 1, 2011, former Mayor of Chicago Richard M. Daley joined Katten Muchin Rosenman as of counsel.
- Former US District Chief of the Northern District of Texas - Judge Jorge Solis of counsel
- US Magistrate Judge - M. David Weisman former Katten partner
- In March 2018, Steven Reisman joined Katten as partner and head of the New York Insolvency and Restructuring practice. Reisman, who previously served as conflicts counsel during the historic bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers in 2008 and represented the Air Transportation Stabilization Board in the aftermath of 9/11, has been profiled in various media as a "celebrity lawyer" for his connections to the music industry.
On December 14, 2015, a federal grand jury in Eastern District of New York returned a seven-count indictment against Martin Shkreli and Evan Greebel, an attorney and partner at the law firm of Kaye Scholer. The activity for which Greebel was indicted occurred between 2012 and 2014, when Greebel was a partner in the firm Katten Muchin Rosenman and lead outside counsel to Shkreli's company Retrophin.  On December 17, 2015, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in the Eastern District of New York returned a complaint against Greebel, Shkreli, MSMB Capital Management LLC, and MSMB Healthcare Management LLC.
- "Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP - Chicago - Law Firm Profile - Chambers USA 2018 - Chambers and Partners". www.chambersandpartners.com. Chambers & Partners. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "D.C.-based partner moves up at Katten". Chicago Daily Law Bulletin. Law Bulletin Media. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "The 2018 Am Law 100 Ranked by: Gross Revenue | The American Lawyer". The American Lawyer. ALM Media Properties, LLC. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP|Company Profile|Vault.com". Vault. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Profile of Professional Organization Contributors Katten Muchin Rosenman, LLP". The National Law Review. The National Law Forum, LLC. 2012-11-19. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- "Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity" (PDF). MultiCultural Law. L.P. Green & Partners, Inc. 2012-06-19. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- "2012 Working Mother 100 Best Companies". Working Mother Media. Bonnier Corporation. 2012-07-17. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "2012 NAFE Top 50 Companies for Executive Women". Working Mother Magazine. Working Mother Media. 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- "Buyers Guide". Human Rights Campaign. The Human Rights Campaign. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "BTI Litigation Outlook 2018: Changes, Trends and Opportunities for Law Firms". BTI Consulting Group. The BTI Consulting Group. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "Asset-Backed Alert :: Law Firms". www.abalert.com. Harrison Scott Publications. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "Plus 9 more scrappy dealmakers - Franchise Times - April 2018 - FranchiseTimes.com". www.franchisetimes.com. Franchise Times. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "The HNW Guide's Best lawyers and Law Firms". Chambers and Partners. Chambers & Partners. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "United States: Illinois - Rankings - WTR 1000 - World Trademark Review". World Trademark Review. Globe Business Media Group. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- Dalton, Brian. "The Loop Elite: The Go-To Firms Of Chicago". Above the Law. Breaking Media, Inc. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "Brian H. Corcoran | US Court of Federal Claims". www.uscfc.uscourts.gov. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- Dardick, Hal (2011-06-01). "Daley takes job at law firm that got city work". Chicago Tribune.
- "Katten Muchin adds former federal chief judge, four lawyers in Dallas". www.bizjournals.com. American City Business Journals. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Emotions run high as judge sworn in". www.chicagolawbulletin.com. Law Bulletin Media. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "'Drake's Favorite Lawyer' and 4 More Move to Katten Muchin". www.law.com. The American Lawyer. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Profile: Reisman Tries His Luck at Katten". www.thedeal.com. The Deal. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Here's Proof That Drake And Kendrick Lamar Might Have Been In The Studio Together". www.vibe.com. Vibe. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "'Two Dollar Steve' Reisman Joins Katten Muchin". www.biglawbusiness.com. Bloomberg Law. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Who Is Steven Reisman? Meet Hip-Hop VIPs' Favorite Lawyer, the Man With the $2 Bills". www.complex.com. Complex. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "In Shkreli Case, a Company Lawyer May Have Crossed the Line". New York Times. 21 Dec 2015. Retrieved 21 Dec 2015.
|This United States law firm article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|