Katts and Dog
|Katts and Dog (Canada/UK)
Rin Tin Tin: K-9 Cop (U.S.)
Rudolph Von Holstein III
Nancy Anne Sakovich
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||106|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||CTV La Cinq|
|Original release||September 17, 1988– 1993|
Katts and Dog is a French and Canadian-produced television series which ran from 1988 to 1993. It was known as Rin Tin Tin: K-9 Cop in the United States where it originally aired on CBN Cable/The Family Channel (today ABC Family) and Rintintin Junior in France on La Cinq. CTV broadcast the series within Canada.
When the episodes were filmed (and shown in Canada) the dog’s name was “Rudy”. When the series was aired in the U.S. and France, the name was dubbed as “Rinty” to go with the new title. However, some episodes of Katts and Dogg have the American dubbing where "Rudy" is called "Rinty" throughout the episode. The episode Hit and Run is an example of this.
When the series went out in Britain, it kept the title Katts and Dog, but the dog's name was changed to “Rinty.”
The show is about the life of Canine Officer Hank Katts and his canine partner who fight crime and the forces of evil. The show’s early episodes begin with Hank just finishing up Police Academy. Later on, it shows the first meeting between Katts and Rudy/Rinty. It also shows the life of Hank’s nephew, Steve, through the death of his mother and his adoption by Officer Katts.
A 1991 TV movie had Officer Katts and Rudy visit Paris.
- Jesse Collins as Officer Hank Katts
- Andrew Bednarski as Steve Katts
- Rudolph Von Holstein III as Rudy/Rinty
- Denise Virieux as Officer Renee Daumier
- Nancy Anne Sakovich as Officer Leah McCray
- Peter MacNeill as Sergeant Callahan
- Dan Martin as Officer Lou Adams
- Phil Jarrett as Sergeant O.C. Phillips
- Dennis Akayama as Officer Ron Nakamura
- Brian Kaulback as Officer Dennis Brian
- Cali Timmins as Maggie Davenport
- Corrine Koslo as Officer Connie
- Ken Pogue as Captain Cullen Murdoch
- Michael Quinsey as Max Kane/Dog Trainer
- Chuck Shamata as Lieutenant Logan