Katulpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Type||Reserved for SC|
|Lok Sabha constituency||37. Bishnupur|
|Electorate (year)||189,915 (2011)|
Katulpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is an assembly constituency in Bankura district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is reserved for scheduled castes from 2011. Prior to that it was an open seat.
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 256 Katulpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (SC) is composed of the following: Deshrahkoyalpara, Gopinathpur, Kotulpur, Lego, Mirzapur and Sihar gram panchayats of Kotulpur community development block; Gelia, Jagannathpur, Kuchiakol, Maynapur, Salda, Uttarbarh, Hetia, Routkhanda and Shyamnagar gram panchayats of Joypur community development block.
2014 bye election
The bypoll to the Kotulpur seat was necessitated after sitting MLA of Congress Soumitra Khan Switched To Trinamool Congress & Elected as MP of Bishnupur Lok Sabha constituency.
|Trinamool Congress||Shyamal Santra||98,878||52.64||-25.98|
|BJP||Lakshmi Kanta Majumdar||23,037||12.26|
|Trinamool Congress gain from INC||Swing|
Percentage swing with respect to General Election 2011.
|INC gain from CPI(M)||Swing||30.27#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||7|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
|Communist Party of India||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Kalpana Koley of CPI(M) won the Katulpur assembly seat defeating her nearest rival Aloka Sen Majumdar of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Manashi Ghose of CPI(M) defeated Sunil Das of Trinamool Congress in 2001. Gouripada Dutta of CPI(M) defeated Nikhil Bose of Congress in 1996, Akshay Kumar Koley of Congress in 1991, and Bablu Kolay of Congress in 1987. Gunadhar Choudhury of CPI(M) defeated Aksay Kumar Koley of Congress in 1982 and 1977.
Akshay Kumar Kolay of Congress won in 1972. Jatadhari Mukhopadhyay of CPI(M) won in 1971, Niranjan Bhadra of Bangla Congress won in 1969. S.Sarkar of Bangla Congress won in 1967. Jagannath Kolay of Congress won in 1962 and 1957. Prior to that the Katulpur seat was not there.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
- "Mamata Banerjee wins assembly bypoll". PTI, 28 September 2011. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- "Katulpur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Katulpur. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Katulpur. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "254 - Kotulpur Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-03.