|Birth name||Kate Alexandra Tizzard|
|Born||citation needed]6 July 1988 [|
|Labels||5Towns Records (current)|
Atlantic Records (former)
Lava, Republic (former)
Katy Tiz (born 6 July 1988) is a British pop singer-songwriter. She covered Rock Mafia's single "The Big Bang" in 2014 to moderate success. She subsequently signed a recording contract with Atlantic Records.
Tiz released a second single called "Whistle (While You Work It)".
Shortly after parting ways with Lava/Republic in 2013, Tiz partnered with songwriting/production duo Rock Mafia. Tiz released a cover of Rock Mafia's song "The Big Bang", which debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 on 17 May 2014.
Tiz released a follow-up single in 2015, "Whistle (While You Work It)". Tiz said in an interview that she wrote the song about a darker period in her life where she felt like nothing was going her way, but her brother was there to tell her to chin up, keep moving, and never give up. It was cowritten with Kinetics & One Love and Emily Warren and was produced by JR Rotem.
A music video for "Whistle (While You Work It)" was filmed and released by Syndrome Studio and director James Larese. The Xanadu-like video combines live action with animation elements and shows Tiz springing to life from street art, then proceeding on an adventure with a crew of animated animal friends. The video currently has over 7 million views on YouTube. For The Sims 4 'Get to Work' expansions pack, Whistle was recorded in the fictional language 'Simlish'. Tiz is an avid animal lover and fan of Banksy's street art and has said in an interview, "This video comes from my love of graffiti artwork and takes inspiration from some of the greatest fairytales of all time."
Tiz's debut studio album was set to be released in 2015, and she has stated that she worked on it with her brother, Kinetics & One Love, Emily Warren, and JR Rotem. As of 2018, the album is still unreleased.
|2011||"All Time Low (Jon Bellion version)"||—||—||—||—||—||N/A|
|2014||"The Big Bang"||—||—||100||26||11||TBA|
|2015||"Whistle (While You Work It)"||42||14||120||24||—|
|2016||"Samurai" (Vanic featuring Katy Tiz)||—||—||—||—||—||TBA|
|2018||"Life (feat. Ed Drewett)"||—||—||—||—||—||TBA|
- "Katy Tiz – Music". iTunes Store. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- Hampp, Andrew (28 April 2014). "How An Unsigned Unknown Won Over Clear Channel". Billboard. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "The Hot 100". Billboard. 17 May 2014. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Kate Tizzard BMI writers' credits". BMI. 1 June 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Katy Tiz Twitter". Twitter. 1 June 2015. Missing or empty
- "Katy Tiz Talks Her Debut Album, Breaking into The American Market & Twerking: Idolator Interview". Idolator. 10 March 2015. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Katy Tiz's "Whistle (While You Work It)" Video Is An Animated/Live-Action Blockbuster: Idolator Premiere". Idolator. 1 June 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Ryan, Gavin (4 April 2015). "ARIA Singles: Major Lazer Has No 1 Song". Noise11. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- "Katy Tiz Whalereport iTunes records". Whalereport. 1 June 2015. Archived from the original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "New Zealand single certifications". Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved 24 July 2015.