|Born||Katharine Bear Tur
October 26, 1983
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Residence||New York, New York, U.S.|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Education||University of California, Santa Barbara|
|Height||5 ft 2 in (157 cm)|
|Partner(s)||Keith Olbermann (2006–2009)|
Katharine Bear "Katy" Tur (born October 26, 1983) is an American broadcast journalist working for NBC News. Tur is an NBC News correspondent based in New York City. She reports for all platforms of NBC News, including Early Today, Today, NBC Nightly News, Meet the Press, WNBC-TV, MSNBC, and The Weather Channel.
Early life and education
Tur is the daughter of journalists Hanna Zoey Tur (formerly Robert "Bob" Tur) and Marika Gerrard. She has one brother, James. She graduated from Brentwood School in 2001, and from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 2005.
Tur joined NBC News in 2009 at NBC's flagship station, WNBC-TV. While at NBC News, she covered the death of Cory Monteith, a motorcycle attack on an SUV, and the MH-370 search. She is covering the Donald Trump presidential campaign for the network as its campaign-embedded reporter.
Tur was in a relationship with political and sports commentator Keith Olbermann from 2006 to 2009. She had a French boyfriend named Benoit while working in London for NBC before moving to New York in 2015.
- Date of birth found on the California Birth Index 1905-1995 under TUR, KATHERINE BEAR on October 26, 1983, in Los Angeles County.
- "Katy Tur bio". WNBC-TV New York. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "Chasing Politics in front of the camera". Brentwood Magazine: 49. Spring 2016.
- "MSNBC's Keith Olbermann Finds His Niche as a Bush-Bashing Hero for Lefties". Nymag.com. 2007-04-16. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "'Trust' - Fun Stars Enjoy Love Fest". New York: NY Daily News. 2006-08-09. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "Olbermann's Girlfriend Katy Tur Joins The Weather Channel". Mediabistro.com. 2009-05-11. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "Katy Tur, Keith Olbermann's Girlfriend, Joins The Weather Channel". Inquisitr.com. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "Katy Tur, Keith Olbermann's Girlfriend, Joins The Weather Channel". 2009-05-11. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- Peyser, Andrea (2011-01-31). "Why Olbermann's gone baby gone". Nypost.com. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "My Crazy Year with Trump: On Covering—and Being Insulted By—the Most Unlikely Candidate in GOP History". 10 August 2016.