Katja Shchekina modeling in the Cynthia Rowley spring 2006 show, New York Fashion Week, 14 September 2006.
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
Early life and career
Katja was born in 1986 in Perm, Russia to a Russian father and mother is of Komi and Hungarian descent. The rumors of her mother being of a Somali background are not true and Katja has expressed that it has caused her and her family much bother throughout her career as it has no basis she believes some assumed it to be true due to her naturally tanned complexion. Her parents are both white.
Shchekina has appeared in Vogue Italia, Vogue Paris and Harpers Bazaar, and has been featured on the cover of L'Officiel (France & Russia). In addition, she has done advertisements for Dolce & Gabbana, Adidas, Juicy Couture, Neiman Marcus, and Bergdorf Goodman. She has also walked the runway for many top designers such as Givenchy, Alexander McQueen, La Perla, Etro, Oscar de la Renta, and Stella McCartney, as well as Victoria's Secret.
In 2008, after graduating, she married and had quit her modeling career.
- Fashion Model Directory - Katja Shchekina Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Katya's Blog" (in Russian). October 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Russia's Hottest Stars". Maxim Magazine UK. Archived from the original on 15 November 2008. Retrieved 21 March 2009.
- "Katya Shchekina Portfolio at Metromodels". Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Яна Лукина. "Я ухожу — не плачь". Russian Vogue. Archived from the original on 23 May 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2013.