|Look up Katzenjammer or katzenjammer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Katzenjammer German pronunciation: [ˈkaʦənˌjamɐ] is a German word literally meaning "cat's wail" (caterwaul) and hence "discordant sound", sometimes used to indicate a general state of depression or bewilderment. It has also been used as a term for a hangover, with the sufferer's groans of discomfort being likened to a wailing cat.
Katzenjammer may refer to:
- Katzenjammer (band), a Norwegian pop/folk band
- Katzenjammer Kabarett, a French rock band
- The Katzenjammer Kids, an American comic strip
- Fran Katzenjammer, a fictional character in the British sitcom Black Books
- "Katzenjammer", a song by Big Talk
- "Katzenjammer", a song by Kyuss on the album Wretch
- Katzenjammer Cave, in the Makapansgat paleontological site
- Worbey & Farrell, previously known as Katzenjammer, a British piano musical comedy duo
- The Katzenjammer Kids a short-lived band founded by Randy Rhoads
- Fred Katz and his Jammers, a 1959 jazz cello album
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Katzenjammer.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.