Kauai Community College
Kauaʻi Community College is a public, co-educational commuter college in Līhuʻe, Hawaiʻi on the island of Kauaʻi. It is one of ten branches of the University of Hawaiʻi system anchored by the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa in Honolulu and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
It was founded in 1965.
The college awards degrees and certificates in Associate in Arts (AA) in Liberal Arts; Associate in Science (AS); Associate in Applied Science (AAS); Associate in Technical Studies (ATS); Certificate of Achievement (CA); Certificate of Completion (CC); Certificate of Competence (CO); and Academic Subject Certificate (ASC).
|This section does not cite any sources. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Campus art includes:
- Ke Mau Nei Ke Ea O Kaua'i I Puhi Aina Malu, copper and bronze sculpture by Bumpei Akaji, 1977
- Spiritual Stones, ceramic sculpture by Randy Naoto Hokushin, 1980
- Celebrating the Arts, granite and bronze sculpture by Ken Shutt, 1999
- Kauai Counterpoint, painted steel sculpture by Robert Alan Flynn, 1978
- Under the Pacific, enamel on steel sculpture by Hon-Chew Hee, 1979
Kauai Community College Performing Arts Center
The Kauai Community College Performing Arts Center is a 560-seat venue and cultural exhibition center. It is available for rental by non-profit organizations that focus on culture and the arts. It maintains a schedule of events on its home page.
- "Kauaʻi Community College Faculty & Staff Handbook 2013-14" (PDF). Kauaʻi Community College. p. 5. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Hawaii - Kauai - Entertainment". alternative-hawaii.com. February 25, 2009. Retrieved September 13, 2012. External link in
- "General Information". Performing Arts Center, Kauai Community College. December 8, 2008. Retrieved September 13, 2012. External link in
- "Performing Arts Center, Kauai Community College". Retrieved September 13, 2012.
|This article about a university or college in Hawaii is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|