Kauko Antero Pirinen (10 January 1915, in Eno – 31 May 1999, in Helsinki), was a Finnish historian, professor in church history at Helsinki University from 1961, and professor in general church history 1963–80. He was an Eastern Orthodox Christian.
Pirinen was one of the leading 20th-century historians in Finland and one of the country's excellent church historians. His specialty was Finland's medieval history, Savonian and Karelian history, and church law.
- Suomen vaakunat ja kaupunginsinetit. (1949, with A.W. Rancken)
- Turun tuomiokapituli keskiajan lopulla. (1956)
- Turun tuomiokapituli uskonpuhdistuksen murroksessa. (1962)
- A History of Finland. (1962, with Eino Jutikkala)
- Schaumanin kirkkolain synty. (1985)
- Suomen kirkon historia. (1 vol. 1991)