Location of Kaunas County
|• Total||8,089 km2 (3,123 sq mi)|
|(12.4% of the area of Lithuania)|
|• Total||587,410 ()|
|• Rank||2nd of 10 (20.4% of the population of Lithuania)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|ISO 3166 code||LT-KU|
|- Total||€9 billion($20 billion, PPP)|
|- Per capita||€15,200($33,700, PPP)|
very high · 2nd
Kaunas County (Lithuanian: Kauno apskritis) is one of ten counties of Lithuania. It is in the centre of the country, and its capital is Kaunas. On 1 July 2010, the county administration was abolished .
The county's coat of arms can be blazoned as follows: Gules, an aurochs head caboshed argent ensigned by a cross Or between his horns enclosed by a bordure purpure charged with ten evenly distributed crosses of Lorraine Or.
The flag's heraldic blazon is identical, since the flag is a banner of the arms.
The county is subdivided into municipalities:
- Birštonas Municipality
- Jonava District Municipality
- Kaišiadorys District Municipality
- Kaunas City Municipality
- Kaunas District Municipality
- Kėdainiai District Municipality
- Prienai District Municipality
- Raseiniai District Municipality
- "Sub-national HDI - Area Database - Global Data Lab". hdi.globaldatalab.org. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Dėl apskričių viršininkų administracijų likvidavimo". Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- Social and demographic characteristics of Kaunas County
- Economy of Kaunas County
- Environment of Kaunas County
|This Lithuanian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|