In 2002, it was reported that a boy in Kausa was saved from being sacrificed as part of a religious ceremony.
Kausa lies on the Old Mumbai Pune National Highway. It is connected to Navi Mumbai and Thane through buses operated by the Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport and Thane Municipal Transport respectively. In 2011, the Thane Municipal Corporation announced that it was planning to build a tunnel road to connect Mumbra and Kausa to Navi Mumbai via Airoli.
- "We need more civic discipline". Mumbra. The Times of India. 3 January 2009. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "Who'll take Thane and Kalyan?". Thane. The Times of India. 16 May 2009. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "Boy escapes from being sacrificed". Thane. The Times of India. 23 July 2002. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- Hanfi, Asadullah (11 February 2011). "Civic body plans Mumbra-Airoli tunnel road to ease congestion". Thane. The Times of India. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "Two new ST routes from Mumbra". Thane. The Times of India. 1 May 2009. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
|This Mumbai location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|