This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Kaushal S. Inamdar|
|Born||2 October 1971
in Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Occupation(s)||Music composer, singer|
Kaushal S. Inamdar (born 2 October 1971 in Pune, Maharashtra) is an Indian singer and music composer in Marathi and Hindi movies. His work in music spans from composing music for films, television, drama to events, concerts in Hindi and Marathi, composing music for ballets, advertisements, and also albums. He is currently settled at Goregaon, a Mumbai suburb.
Kaushal did his schooling from IES Modern English School, Dadar and Billimoria High School, Panchgani. Thereafter he graduated from the D. G. Ruparel College, Mumbai, where he came in contact with Chetan Datar who initiated him into theatre. While in school, he had taken some primary lessons from Kamalakar Bhagwat, a renowned music composer himself, but he began learning the finer nuances of music composition only after he finished graduation concentrated on writing and music. He did writing apprentice under Lekh Tandon and also had a short stint as a writer in television soaps. As he found himself more of a natural musician, he settled with music as his creative career. His Guru, Pt. Satyasheel Deshpande, an eminent Hindustani vocalist and musicologist is known for his insightful study of North Indian Classical music.
Kaushal has worked with a lot of talented artists—singers and musicians. Some of them include — Shankar Mahadevan, Pt. Satyasheel Deshpande, Sadhana Sargam, Suresh Wadkar, Shreya Ghoshal, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Raghunandan Panshikar, Shubha Joshi, Ninad Kamath, Sanjeev Chimmalgi, Hamsika Iyer, Swanand Kirkire, Ravindra Sathe, Shilpa Pai, Sonali Karnik, Shobha Joshi, Karsan Sagathia, Kirti Sagathia, Sanjeevani Bhelande, and many others.
Kaushal has been one of the mentors for the program Idea Saregamapa on Zee Marathi.
Kaushal is married to Suchitra Inamdar. She has a M.A. degree in psychology and now works as a school counsellor in Tridha, a Rudolf Steiner school. Kaushal and Suchitra have a son, Anuraag.
- Music for the Official CD ROM – Miss World 1996 in Bangalore, India
- Composed a song for 'Celebrating India' which was performed by greats like Pt. Satish Vyas (santoor), Pt. Bhavani Shankar (pakhawaj), Kala Ramnath (violin), Purbayan Chatterjee (sitar), Pt. Rupak Kulkarni (flute), Sanjeev Chimmalgi (vocals) at the Gateway of India, 2003
- Composed the invocation song for the opening ceremony of the Mumbai Festival, which was sung by 63 school-children in January 2005
- Recreated 'Bilhan', a musical by Mangesh Padgaonkar & P. L. Deshpande after a gap of 50 years
- 'Gaganzula', a programme based on new marathi music and choreography
- 'Rain Raga' – a fusion concert on the rains with Louiz Banks, George Brooks, Rupak Kulkarni, Sanjeev Chimmalgi, Hamsika Iyer, Gino Banks, Sheldon D'Silva, Vinayak Netke, Ravindra Chary, and Rafique Ahmed. Produced by Pancham Nishad Creatives.
- The Marathi Abhimaangeet is perhaps Kaushal's most famous work till date. Kaushal was inspired to work on this song after he was told that playing Marathi music on FM radio in Mumbai is considered downmarket. This song is sung by 112 eminent and well-known singers and 300+ chorus singers.
- Krishna Kathchi Meera – Directed by Gajendra Ahire
(Songs won the best playback award male/female at the Maharashtra State Awards 2003)
- Aag – Directed by Shiv Kadam
- Not Only Mrs. Raut (2003) – Produced by Aditi Deshpande. More about it at the NDFC website
(This Marathi movie has made it to many international film festivals, and also won the National Award in 2004)
- Adhantari – a film by Subhash Phadke
- Rasta Roko – A film by Devashish Shedge
- Its Breaking News (2007) – a feature film in Hindi by Vishal Inamdar
- Hungama – a feature film in Marathi by Rohan Shivalkar
- Balgandharva- a feature film in Marathi by Nitin Chandrakant Desai and directed by Ravi Jadhav
- Ajintha- a feature film in Marathi by Nitin Chandrakant Desai
- Pitruroon - a feature film in Marathi directed by Nitish Bharadwaj
- Sanshaykallol - a feature film in Marathi by Vishal Inamdar
- Yellow - a feature film in Marathi by Mahesh Limaye
- Ranga Patanga - a feature film in Marathi by Prasad Namjoshi
- Shubhra Kalya Moothbhar – based on the poetry of Late Smt. Shanta Shelke
Singers – Pt. Satyasheel Deshpande, Sadhana Sargam, Ranjana Jogalekar, etc.
- Ratra Bhizali – songs of the night
Singers – Shankar Mahadevan, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Sameer Date, etc.
- Geetecha to saakshi vadala – a translation of Shri Nagaraja Rao’s poem – 'The Geeta's Witness'
Artsite – Shri Vidyadhar Gokhale.
- Bhavanjali – a devotional Hindi Album based on the philosophy of Swami Samarth Ramdas
Rendered by famous classical vocalist, Shri Raghunandan Panshikar
- Kamana Purti – an album for Sony Music, rendered by Sanjeev Chimmalgi.
- Man Pakharache Hoi – Milind Gunaji's  poems set to tune.
- Chaphyache Shimpan – an album composed by Kaushal S. Inamdar, with songs rendered by Sonali Karnik.
- Kaushal Inamdar – Official Website
- Kaushal Inamdar – Music in the world of noise (Blog)
- Kaushal Inamdar at the Internet Movie Database
- Its Breaking News – Official website of the movie Its Breaking News
- Article on Kaushal in Maharashtra Times on Saturday (MOSS) on 23 June 2007
- Ase Janmate Gaane – Review of the program held at Gadkari Rangayatan in Thane
- "About Kaushal". Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- Nitin Chandrakant Desai to produce Marathi bipoic on Balgandharva