Kauswagan, Lanao del Norte
Map of Lanao del Norte with Kauswagan highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|District||1st district of Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||August 1, 1948|
|• Mayor||Rommel C. Arnado|
|• Vice-Mayor||Matildo B. Jubas, Jr.|
|• Total||60.37 km2 (23.31 sq mi)|
|• Density||400/km2 (1,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Kauswagan (Cebuano: Lungsod sa Kauswagan, Maranaoan: Monisipiyo san Kauswagan, Filipino: Bayan ng Kauswagan) is a fifth class municipality in the province of Lanao del Norte, Philippines. According to the latest 2010 census, it has a population of 24,006 people.
Kauswagan before was part affiliated municipality of Kolambugan, Lanao del Norte. Kauswagan was the one of the municipalities suffered in Lanao del Norte during Marshall Law and ILAGA war against Moro. On March 2000, former President Joseph Estrada declared All-Out-War against MILF when the outbreak of the conflict of the MILF led by Abdullah "Commander Bravo" Goldiano Macapaar bin Sabbar and the Philippine Army.
- Bagumbayan (Pob.)
- Kawit Occidental
- Kawit Oriental
6 of the 13 barangays are living and dominated by Moro (Maranao Tribe).
|Population census of Kauswagan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Kauswagan is known as the Coconut industry of the interior areas. It also produce Fishing, Rice, Corns and basic Vagetable.
There will be newly build terminal and son to open.
- Kauswagan Elementary School
- Delabayan Elementary School
The Port of Kauswagan is located along the northern central coastal area facing the Kauswagan Bay.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: LANAO DEL NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System