|• Type||Municipal corporation Municipality|
|• Body||Kavali Municipality|
|• Total||61.09 km2 (23.59 sq mi)|
|Elevation||20 m (70 ft)|
|• Density||1,700/km2 (4,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kavali is also known as Kanakapatnam-meaning 'wealth will flow into this place'- this was coined by Potuluri Veerabrahmendra Swami. In the local language it means patrol. This name arises from the fact that in 1515, the Udayagiri king Harihara Rayulu stationed his army at this town.
Kavali is located at  It has an average elevation of 17 metres (56 ft). Kavali is the second biggest town in Nellore District of Andhra Pradesh State, India. Kavali is 8 km from the Bay of Bengal.Government is planning to have a separate district by pulling few mandals from Prakasem and few from Nellore Districts. This is the long lasting proposal and will be closed very shortly.North east side of the Kavali can be the best fit for people living with pleasant environment..
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 104,000. The total population is 45,661 males, 45,961 females and 12,378 children(in the age group of 0–6 years). The average literacy rate stands at 81.09% with 60,497 literates ;significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
Kavali is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. Kavali parliamentary constituency came into existence in 1962 and was lost in 1977. This was due to the delimitation based on the population. Now it is a part of the Nellore parliament constituency. The reference is Kavali (Assembly constituency)
Kavali railway station is located on Howrah-Chennai main line. It is classified as a B–category station in the Vijayawada railway division of South Central Railway zone. NH 5 passes through the town. The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation operates bus services from Kavali bus station.
- "Kavali Municipality" (PDF). Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Elevation for Rajam". Veloroutes. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- (PDF) http://sac.ap.gov.in/sac/UserInterface/Downlaods/MSWMReports/Draft%20DPR-Nellore%20.pdf. Retrieved 20 August 2014. Missing or empty
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kavali
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Vijayawada Division – a profile" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Retrieved 9 March 2016.