|Directed by||S. P. Muthuraman|
|Produced by||B. H. Rajanna|
|Written by||Panchu Arunachalam|
|Edited by||R. Vittal|
T. K. Rajan
|Distributed by||Rajanna Enterprises|
Kavari Maan (lit. 'Yak')[a] is a 1979 Indian Tamil language film, directed by S. P. Muthuraman and produced by B. H. Rajanna. The film stars Sivaji Ganesan, Sridevi Kapoor, Major Sundarrajan and Ravichandran. The film had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja.
- Sivaji Ganesan as Thyagarajan
- Vijayakumar as Sundarrajan
- Master Sekhar as Rajesh
- Major Sundarrajan as Rangarajan
- Thengai Srinivasan as Vasu
- N. Viswanathan as Sivaramakrishnan
- Sridevi as Uma
- Prameela as Kalpana
- S. Varalakshmi as Rajalakshmi
- Manimala as Leela
- Baby Babitha
- Gemini Rajeswari
- Shantha Devi
- Usilai Mani
- Vairam Krishnamoorthy
- Balu Iyer
- Surya Kumar
- Ravichandran as Anand (Guest appaerance)
The music was composed by Ilaiyaraaja.
- "Brova Bharama" (Tyagaraja kriti in Bahudari raga) - 
- "Poopole" - S. P. Balusubramaniam
- "Ullangal" - Ilaiyaraaja
- "Aaduthu Ullam" - S. Janaki
The film was a commercial success.
- "Kavari Maan" figuratively means a human who would die if he lost his honour.
- "Kavari Maan". rottentomatoes.com. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- Piousji (10 June 1979). "Khaas Baat". Sunday. Vol. 17. p. 71.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|