|Born||8 July 1950
|Died||April 2, 2003
Kāveh Golestān Taghavi Shirazi (8 July 1950 - 2 April 2003), (Persian: کاوه گلستان) was an Iranian photojournalist and artist. In 1988 he took the first pictures of the aftermath of the Halabja poison gas attack during the Iran-Iraq War.
Life and work
In 1988, working as a freelance photographer, he took the first pictures of the aftermath of the Halabja poison gas attack during the Iran-Iraq War. He was awarded the Robert Capa Gold Medal for his work covering the 1979 Revolution for TIME. 
Kaveh was married to Hengāmeh Golestān; they had a son, Mehrak who is a musician.
- Masoud Soheili, Photographer, Portrait & People: Lili Golestan[permanent dead link]
- Guardian Obituary
- Vick, Karl. "Inside 'the Citadel,' Iran's Forgotten Red-Light District". TIME. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- Kaveh Golestan's Funeral | Kaveh Golestan Funeral | Kargah.com | Iranian Artists' Website Archived 2007-08-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Remembering Kaveh Golestan
- The press release of Committee to Protect Journalists and International Freedom of Expression Exchange concerning Golestan's death: "BBC Cameraman Killed In Iraq", 2 April 2003.
- "Index on Censorship: Tribute to Kaveh Golestan", 3 April 2003.
- BBC cameraman's last moments, BBC News, Saturday 5 April 2003.
- Kaveh Golestan's collection of the Iranian Revolution photographs, Iranian Artists' site "Kargah".
- Kaveh Golestan's collection of the Iran-Iraq War photographs, Iranian Artists' site "Kargah".
- "Window on an Era: A Qajar Royal Album", with an introduction by Kaveh Golestan (2003), "Kargah" (selected photographs from a private album of Nasser al-Din Shah Qajar).
- Kaveh Golestan's Funeral, A photo-reportage, Iranian Artists' site "Kargah".
- Audio slideshow (6 min 7 sec). The person speaking is Ms Hengāmeh Golestān, wife of Kaveh Golestan, who has organized an exhibition of the photographs by Kaveh Golestan. She is a professional photograph herself and lives in London.