|Born||8 July 1950|
|Died||April 2, 2003 (aged 53)|
Kāveh Golestān Taghavi Shirazi (8 July 1950 – 2 April 2003), (Persian: کاوه گلستان) was an Iranian photojournalist and artist. In 1988 he took the first pictures of the aftermath of the Halabja chemical attack during the Iran–Iraq War.
Life and work
In 1988, working as a freelance photographer, he took the first pictures of the aftermath of the Halabja chemical attack during the Iran–Iraq War. He was awarded the Robert Capa Gold Medal for his work covering the 1979 revolution for Time.
- "Kaveh Golestan". 4 April 2003. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-07-09 – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- Masoud Soheili, Photographer, Portrait & People: Lili Golestan[permanent dead link]
- Roth, Andrew (3 April 2003). "Obituary: Kaveh Golestan". The Guardian. Retrieved 2018-07-09.
- Vick, Karl. "Inside 'the Citadel,' Iran's Forgotten Red-Light District". TIME. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- Kaveh Golestan's Funeral | Kaveh Golestan Funeral | Kargah.com | Iranian Artists' Website Archived 2007-08-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Remembering Kaveh Golestan". www.payvand.com. Retrieved 2018-07-09.
- The press release of Committee to Protect Journalists and International Freedom of Expression Exchange concerning Golestan's death: "BBC Cameraman Killed In Iraq", 2 April 2003.
- "Index on Censorship: Tribute to Kaveh Golestan", 3 April 2003.
- BBC cameraman's last moments, BBC News, Saturday 5 April 2003.
- Kaveh Golestan's collection of the Iranian Revolution photographs, Iranian Artists' site "Kargah".
- Kaveh Golestan's collection of the Iran-Iraq War photographs, Iranian Artists' site "Kargah".
- "Window on an Era: A Qajar Royal Album", with an introduction by Kaveh Golestan (2003), "Kargah" (selected photographs from a private album of Nasser al-Din Shah Qajar).
- Kaveh Golestan's Funeral, A photo-reportage, Iranian Artists' site "Kargah".
- Audio slideshow (6 min 7 sec). The person speaking is Ms Hengāmeh Golestān, wife of Kaveh Golestan, who has organized an exhibition of the photographs by Kaveh Golestan. She is a professional photograph herself and lives in London.