This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Alma mater||University of Tehran |
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
|Known for||Research in Wi-Fi, Indoor Geolocation, and Body Area Network|
|Fields||Electrical and computer engineering, computer science, wireless networks|
|Institutions||Worcester Polytechnic Institute |
University of Science and Technology Beijing, R.I. China
Skyhook Wireless, Boston
University of Oulu, Finland
Northeastern University, Boston
Kaveh Pahlavan (born March 16, 1951 in Tehran, Iran), is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science and the director of the Center for Wireless Information Network Studies (CWINS), Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Massachusetts. He is informally considered as the father of WLANs, WiFi and BANs by his colleagues.
Pahlavan is a researcher of Wi-Fi technology, wireless indoor geolocation, and Body Area Networks. He has contributed to technical publications and holds patents in these areas, and has authored several textbooks.
Education and Career
Pahlavan received his BS/MS degree in electrical engineering in 1975 from the University of Tehran, and his PhD degree in 1979 from the Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Massachusetts. He began his academic career as an assistant Professor at the Northeastern University, Boston, MA, then he joined the faculty at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute. At WPI he founded an academic research program in wireless local area networks (1985) and indoor geolocation (1997). He received an "overseas famous scholar award" from R.I. China, inviting him to serve as a visiting professor at University of Science and Technology Beijing.
- Understanding Communications Networks – for Emerging Cybernetics Applications Forthcoming, Kaveh Pahlavan, River Publishers, the Netherlands, ISBN 9788770225861,e-ISBN 9788770223928, 612 pages, March 2021.
- Indoor Geolocation Science and Technology At the Emergence of Smart World and IoT, K. Pahlavan, River Publishers, the Netherlands, ISBN 9788770220514, 471 pages, Hardcover, January 2019.
- Principles of Wireless Access and Localization, K. Pahlavan and P Krishnamurthy, John Wiley and Sons, ISBN 9780470697085, 720 pages, November 2013.
- Networking Fundamentals – Personal, Local and Wide Area Communications, K. Pahlavan and P. Krishnamurthy, John Wiley and Sons, ISBN 0-470-99289-1, Hardcover, 638 pages, March 2009.
- Wireless Information Networks - 2nd Edition, K. Pahlavan and Allen H. Levesque,Wiley - Interscience, ISBN 0-471-72542-0, Hardcover, 722 pages, September 2005.
- Principles of Wireless Networks - A Unified Approach, K. Pahlavan and P. Krishnamurthy, Prentice Hall, ISBN 0-13-093003-2, Hardcover, 584 pages, January 2002.
- Wireless Information Networks, K. Pahlavan and A. Levesque, John Wiley and Sons, Hardcover, 572 pages, ISBN 0-471-10607-0, April 1995.
- Kaveh Pahlavan: Helping Skyhook Database Receive over a Billion Hits per day
- R&D Programmes in Electronics and Telecommunication, ETX, TLX, INWITE and Telectronics, A. Salo, K. Pahlavan, and J.P. Salmenkaita Academy of Finland and TEKES, 2000
- Wireless Network Deployments (edited book), R. Ganesh and K. Pahlavan ,Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000
- Broadband Satellite Communications for Internet Access Sastri L. Kota , Kaveh Pahlavan , Pentti A. Leppänen, Springer, 1 edition (November 1, 2003), ISBN 1402076592, Hardcover 456 pages
- Emerging Location Aware Broadband Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, Rajamani Ganesh , S. L. Kota, Kaveh Pahlavan, Springer, October 2004 329 pages, ISBN 038723070X
- The Evolution of Untethered Communications, K. Pahlavan (committee member), National Academy Press, 1997 (committee report), ISBN 0309059461
- Wireless Multimedia Network Technologies (edited book), R. Ganesh, K. Pahlavan and Z. Zvonar, Kluwer Academic Publisher, 1999, ISBN 0792386337
- "Kaveh Pahlavan". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 2021-02-01.
- "Kaveh Pahlavan". ResearchGate.
- Memarian, Jahandad (2018-04-18). "Kaveh Pahlavan: Helping Skyhook Database Receive over a Billion Hits per day". Medium. Retrieved 2021-02-01.