Kaveri Grameena Bank
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
ಕಾವೇರಿ ಗ್ರಾಮೀಣ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್
|Industry||Banking, Insurance, Capital Markets and allied industries|
|Predecessor||Cauvery Kalpatharu Grameena Bank, Chikmagalur Kodagu Grameena Bank and Vishvesvaraya Grameena Bank|
|Founded||1 November 2012as Kaveri Grameena Bank|
Number of locations
|502 Branches in 10 Districts of South Karnataka|
Head Office: Mysore
|Products||Deposits, Personal Banking Schemes, C & I Banking Schemes, Agri Banking Schemes, SME Banking Schemes|
|Services||Loans, Deposits, ATM Services, National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT), Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Aadhaar Enabled Payment System, Debit Card|
Number of employees
|1797 (as on 31 Mar 2016)|
|Parent||State Bank of India (holds 35.00% shares)|
Kaveri Grameena Bank (Kannada:ಕಾವೇರಿ ಗ್ರಾಮೀಣ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್) is a Regional Rural Bank established under Regional Rural Banks’ Act 1976, is a Scheduled Bank jointly owned by Government of India, State Bank of India(formerly by State Bank of Mysore) and Government of Karnataka (share capital contributed in the ratio of 50 :35:15 respectively), permitted to carry all kinds of banking business. The Bank is operating in 10 Districts of South Karnataka, having its Head Office at Mysore City with Nine Regional Offices at Mysuru, Mandya, Bengaluru, Tumakuru, Hassan, Chamarajanagar, Madikeri, Chikmagulur and Ramanagara
The Bank came into existence on 1 November 2012 (Sponsored by State Bank Of Mysore) by Amalgamation of Cauvery Kalpatharu Grameena Bank, Chikmagalur Kodagu Grameena Bank and Vishvesvaraya Grameena Bank, Sponsored by State Bank of Mysore, Corporation Bank and Vijaya Bank respectively.
On 01/04/2019 amalgamation with pragathi kirishna grameena bank forms new karnataka gramin bank
Year - event
- 2012 - The Bank was established as 'Kaveri Grameena Bank', on 1 November.
- 2014 - Bank has recorded a growth rate of 36.52 per cent during 13-14.
- 2014 - Bank launches financial inclusion scheme.
- 2014 - Bank opens four branches in Mandya district.
- 2015 - The Kaveri Grameena Bank has enrolled over 48,000 subscribers for the PMSBY in Mysore.
- 2015 - Kaveri Grameena Bank has enrolled 1,01,104 subscribers to the insurance schemes underlining the popularity of the social security schemes in rural areas.
- 2015 - The Kaveri Grameena Bank plans to extend internet and mobile banking services to its customers.
- "Bank merge". Thehindu.com. 3 November 2012.
- "Kaveri Grameena Bank records growth rate of 36.52 p.c." Thehindu.com. 7 May 2014.
- "Kaveri Grameena Bank net up 36.5% in FY14". Business Standard. 6 May 2014.
- "KGB launches financial inclusion scheme". Thehindu.com. 14 August 2014.
- "KGB opens four branches in Mandya district". Thehindu.com. 31 October 2014.
- "1.96 lakh enrol for Centre's two insurance schemes in Mysuru district". Thehindu.com. 31 May 2015.
- "Special drive to popularise social security schemes". Thehindu.com. 17 July 2015.
- "Kaveri Grameena Bank to introduce internet services". Thehindu.com. 1 January 2016.