Devi in April 2018
|Birth name||Kavita Dalal|
|Born||20 September 1986|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Hard KD|
|Billed height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Billed from||Haryana, India|
|Trained by||The Great Khali|
WWE Performance Center
Sara Del Rey
Kavita Dalal (Hindi: कविता दलाल; born September 20, 1986) is an Indian professional wrestler currently signed to WWE under the ring name Kavita Devi (Hindi: कविता देवी), performing on their developmental territory NXT. Devi is the first female professional wrestler of Indian nationality to wrestle in WWE. Devi previously wrestled on the independent circuit under the ring names Kavita and Hard KD, most notably for Continental Wrestling Entertainment.
Kavita Devi Dalal, one of the 5 siblings, was born in a Jat family of Malvi village of Julana tehsil of Jind district of Haryana state of India. She got married in 2009 and gave birth to a child in 2010, after which she wanted to quit sports but inspired by her husband she continued playing.
Weightlifting and powerlifting career
Devi has represented India in international competition, she won gold in the 75 kg category at the 2016 South Asian Games.
- 12th South Asian Games
- Gold in women's weightlifting 75 kg
Professional wrestling career
Continental Wrestling Entertainment (2016–2017)
On 24 February 2016, Kavita Dalal entered the promotion of The Great Khali named Continental Wrestling Entertainment, to begin her training as a professional wrestler. Devi made her debut for the promotion in June, 2016, under the ring name Kavita, accepting the "Open Challenge" of B. B. Bull Bull before attacking her. On 25 June, she appeared with a new ring name, Hard KD, teaming with Sahil Sangwan in a losing effort against B.B. Chul Bulll and Super Khalsa in the first mixed tag team match in promotion. Kavita cites her trainer The Great Khali as her main inspiration to become a professional wrestler.
On 15 October 2017, WWE announced that Devi had signed a contract, and will start training at their Performance Center in January 2018. On April 8, 2018, Devi made her first appearance as part of the company while also making her WrestleMania debut at WrestleMania 34 competing during the inaugural WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal in which she was eliminated by Sarah Logan. On April 19, Devi made her NXT Live event debut as a heel, teaming with Aliyah against Dakota Kai and Steffanie Newell in a losing effort. She participated in the Mae Young Classic 2018 but lost in the first round against a returning Kaitlyn.
In January 2019, she started trials for selecting players to launch a WWE Super League in India.
- "Kavita Devi Cagematch profile". Cagematch. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Kavita Devi MYC Biography". WWE. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Kavita Devi Wrestlingdata profile". Wrestlingdata. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Kavita set to become 1st Indian woman to appear in WWE". tribuneindia.com. 23 June 2017. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- WWE superstar Kavita Dalal will launch WWE Super League in India, Dainik Jagran, 16 Jan 2019.
- "South Asian Games 2016: Gold rush continues for India on 4th day". catchnews.com. 14 February 2017. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "Mae Young Classic competitors announced at Parade of Champions". WWE. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- Richard, Trionfo (28 August 2017). "MAE YOUNG CLASSIC EPISODE THREE REPORT: GARRETT VERSUS NIVEN, BELAIR VERSUS BECKETT, KAI VERSUS DEVI, AND STORM VERSUS RAYMOND". PWInsider. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "WWE signs first female talent from India and the Middle East to developmental contracts". WWE. 15 October 2017. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- Stuart, Carapola (8 April 2018). "COMPLETE WRESTLEMANIA 34 KICKOFF SHOW COVERAGE". PWInsider. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- Williams, JJ (20 April 2018). "NXT SANFORD, FL, LIVE RESULTS: KACY CATANZARO MAKES HER DEBUT". F4WOnline. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kavita Dalal.|